Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Question about journal etiquette.

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2007 at 3:55 PM
  • 4 Replies

I'm more accustomed to the message-board format, where I would post something and then return to the thread to answer questions or just thank people for responding. 

Is that customary on a site like this?  When I post a journal entry and people comment on it, should I go back into the post and acknowledge the comments?  Or acknowlege to the posters' chatterboxes?  

Thanks.

by on Feb. 13, 2007 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MommyTee
by on Feb. 13, 2007 at 3:59 PM
I would like to know that as well.  What is the etiquette about responding to posts, groups etc. 
maddysmomma
by on Feb. 13, 2007 at 4:49 PM
I was also wondering that, thanks for asking. 
calydu
by on Feb. 13, 2007 at 5:14 PM
If you are asking a question...then yes you would need to make an aknowledgement of the ones who answered.  It would not be a good idea to respond after each post due to the fact that the site lets everyone in your group of friends know that you posted something.  I usually take and wait a certain time frame or set a # limit, go in and respond to all of the above in one message. 
If it seems like I had made a mistake in my wording and the readers were going down the wrong road, I would post an apology and explain what I meant to say.  But if someone have themselves gotten my question wrong, I would nicely get them back on track.  If you are making a statement then there is no real need for you to respond, unless someone validates what you said and you want to thank them, or if someone makes a statement that changes your outlook on what you posted.  I don't encourage you to "lock horns" with someone who is going bizerk on your post, but don't backdown either...and report the abuse to the site.

The only reason that I say this is that some gals have gone crazy!

I hope this helps.
40isfun
by on Feb. 13, 2007 at 5:31 PM
Some people reply to everyone in their journal post threads and some reply to each individual in their chatterbox.  I usually go to the chatterbox because many times when I reply to a person's journal, I don't go back to the journal to see if they've responded.  If you think about it, with so many friends, it's not really possible to go back and forth to every journal post several times to see if a response was written to you, but if a person gets a response in their chatterbox, they will definitely get your message.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN