Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

went to get my hair cut at supercuts and about went into shock at the price

Posted by on Jun. 8, 2009 at 8:44 PM
  • 46 Replies

I have never used super cuts before and always assumed them to be on the cheap side. I got my hair shampooed, cut, and styled. It came to 51.25! That is what i pay at the higher end salons i go to sometimes. She assured me that the price was right. I paid, unwillingly but i did ask her for my receipt that she wasn't going to give to me.

Looking over the receipt she charged me 20.00 just to style my hair; 14.00 to shampoo my hair and 15.00 to cut it. She charged me extra to style it  because i had long hair, but when i got it cut it was no longer long. So she wasn't styling long hair, she was styling short hair, but apparently that is not how they see it.

Does that make sense? I mean charging extra to style long hair when i cut it all off? I started with long hair (down the middle of my back) and once it was cut it was to my chin almost. Not what i consider long.

by on Jun. 8, 2009 at 8:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
caterpilar
by Silver Member on Jun. 8, 2009 at 8:46 PM

Wow! I would NEVER pay that much for Supercuts!

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jun. 8, 2009 at 8:47 PM

You should call and speak with a manager, that doesn't sound right.

theRonimal
by on Jun. 8, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Oh wow! That seems kinda ridiculous! I would go to their website, and see if they have a "contact us" section! I would raise hell! That's more than a bottle of salon shampoo!

I'd be maaaaaaaaaaaad..

but..teach you not to check the price, first!!

edwardsgirl
by on Jun. 8, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Quoting caterpilar:

Wow! I would NEVER pay that much for Supercuts!

I know. I went there, because i didn't want to pay that much. I'm just not understanding their charge on styling. Its like a rip off almost.

michelle121003
by on Jun. 8, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Go talk to the manager. 

edwardsgirl
by on Jun. 8, 2009 at 8:49 PM

Quoting theRonimal:

I did look at the price. I said she charged me styling of long hair. On the price it has a * and says more for long hair. I was getting it cut short, i didn't think i would be charged so i never asked how much. I didn't know they base their pricing on what you come in the salon with.

erika_g

no shes wrong!! shampoo is 3 dollars and i have long hair also and it is thick and curly and i get my hair cut and styled with is straightened and blow dried and i dont pay more than 40 bucks with all that and i think thats including tip all supercuts are independently owned so she was either working on commission or the salon is a ripoff they tried to charge me 98 dollars for highlights once i laughed and walked out if i were you i would complain

jessiesluv

My mom was a hair dresser up until about 3 years ago.

Do you know what she charged to cut, wash and style? $7.00

Just a cut was $5 and perms and colors were $25.

no wonder all her customers were sad when she quit. lol 

itssweetness

I would call them tomorrow and ask how much they charge.  Tell them you have long hair and ask them what they would charge.  See if it matches.  If not, call them out on it.

.-itssweetness

it's not having what you want....it's wanting what you've got.

erika_g

the price is for really short hair for long hair they charge you what they want

Quoting edwardsgirl:

Quoting theRonimal:

I did look at the price. I said she charged me styling of long hair. On the price it has a * and says more for long hair. I was getting it cut short, i didn't think i would be charged so i never asked how much. I didn't know they base their pricing on what you come in the salon with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN