• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nostradamus and the world ending Dec 2012?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:13 AM
  • 32 Replies

Okay maybe I haven't been paying attention to the news and stuff enough lately, but my friend is freaking out thinking the world is ending in Dec 2012 like Nostradamus predicted and I really have no clue what she's talking about. I have never even heard of Nostradamus. I do know that I'm a Chrisitan and the bible says no man knows the day or hour for when the world will end so either God really isn't real, or this Nostradamus stuff isn't right. Can someone please fill me in on what this is all about?

TTC a GIRL? Want a GIRL in the future?
Join this group!!! We share tips and
methods for conceiving that baby girl!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/22322

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ferrisdaval
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:19 AM

I don't believe in predictions but I'm pretty sure this has to do with the Mayans and not Nostradamus.

myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:21 AM

There are like 12 civilizations that have predicted that the world will no longer be as we know it as of the winter solstice in 2012.  These are civilizations from different parts of the world that existed at different times.  True believers do not believe the world is actually going to completely end.  But, it will be different.  There is also an astrological event occurring on the winter solstice that year that occurs once in every 23,000 years.  Some scientists have tied this astrological event with past ice ages and so forth that have caused dramatic changes in the earth.

myfoursonsks
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:22 AM

It is both actually, along with many others.

Quoting ferrisdaval:

I don't believe in predictions but I'm pretty sure this has to do with the Mayans and not Nostradamus.

Kaybean
by Kayleen on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:26 AM

Does no one else know about this?

avi_nevaeh_mama
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:27 AM

Did he predict a few different times for the "end of the world"? I could be wrong. But I'm sorry, NO ONE BUT GOD KNOWS WHEN THE WORLD WILL END! Period. No reason to stress and worry over it. Everybody thought the world was going to end New years eve of 1999. Then it was 2000. And guess what? We are all still here. In 2013 someone else will make a different time frame prediction. (And OP I'm not bashing you in the least. I just think it's all silly)

Kaybean
by Kayleen on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:29 AM

LOL I think its silly too. I didn't even say I think its true. I honestly don't think its true, but my friend is freaking out and I didn't catch any news stuff about it so I don't know what to tell her.

Quoting avi_nevaeh_mama:

Did he predict a few different times for the "end of the world"? I could be wrong. But I'm sorry, NO ONE BUT GOD KNOWS WHEN THE WORLD WILL END! Period. No reason to stress and worry over it. Everybody thought the world was going to end New years eve of 1999. Then it was 2000. And guess what? We are all still here. In 2013 someone else will make a different time frame prediction. (And OP I'm not bashing you in the least. I just think it's all silly)

nurbabe82
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:33 AM

My MIL stocked up on groceries for like 6 months b/c of 2000. When he told me that I just shook my head.

Quoting avi_nevaeh_mama:

hollie0705
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:35 AM

Its suppose to happen Dec. 21st 2012! Happy birthday to me! To be born & maybe die on the same day. That will make one crappy birthday!!!

RmeWifey01
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:53 AM

No, it's def Nostradamus. There is a show on the History Channel occasionally to explain his predictions. I also am a christian, yet can not explain him. Guess we will just have to wait and see. Hope she is ready for eternity, just in case!!!  

Quoting ferrisdaval:

alleykatt28
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:54 AM

Quoting ferrisdaval:

this has to do with the Mayans and not Nostradamus.

Do you play MafiaWars on MySpace? Need more mafia? Come join our Family!!  http://www.cafemom.com/group/102762

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)