Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I haven't bought condoms in years...

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:30 AM
  • 10 Replies

I was at walmart earlier today buying stuff...and I walked past that isle. My stepson has been dating a girl for a few months, and it's getting serious...at least from what I see when they are together. So I bought him condoms(by the way he's 18.) My dh laughed at me...he had done the same thing a week ago. So tonight when I got home from work, we sat down with both him and his girlfriend and told them...if they are going to do it..protect yourself. She said she is on birthcontrol(she's almost 19). I told them regardless...two forms are better than one! Plus I told them that sex is a big responsibility and there's always a chance their will be a baby.

I am sorry, but I don't want to be a grandma.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
_mimimosley_
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:32 AM

OH I HOPE THESE YEARS GO BY SLOW FOR ME, I DONT WANT TO HAVE TO EVER GIVE THAT TALK

MY SON IS ALMOST 5 AND MY BABY GIRL IS ALMOST 13MONTHS

I love love love my SPC. Mosley and our 2 beautiful children<3 

yeah...be jealous...^^he's mine:)

hollie0705
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:33 AM

Good for you! If only more parents were like you, there would be alot less teen pregnancy!

IloveHayden08
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:33 AM

ha ha you should take a poll on here and show her how many ppl got pregnant while on birth control!!! I did!

khmommy04
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Wow, that's very "cool" of you. I don't know what I would have done if my parents sat down with me and bought me and my bf condoms. I was 19 when my first was born, my mom was upset of course, but now she is the happiest grandma around!! Btw she was in her early 30's when my dd was born!

in lovetwin girlspregnant bellywelcome spring.gif

Loving wife and mother to 2 wonderful girls, with a little one on the way!

khmommy04
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:36 AM

me too!

Quoting IloveHayden08:

ha ha you should take a poll on here and show her how many ppl got pregnant while on birth control!!! I did!

in lovetwin girlspregnant bellywelcome spring.gif

Loving wife and mother to 2 wonderful girls, with a little one on the way!

caitelinn
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:37 AM

That's awesome, I wish more parents could be so open and up front about safe sex

ZachNHannahsMom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:41 AM

My MIL bought us a huge box of condoms when she found out we were sexually active...still got pregnant.

EnigmaMuse
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:43 AM

I totally understand..

We always kept condoms in the house for our son when he was a teenager..

I always believed, it was always best to be prepared...

katythemommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:44 AM

Good for you!! I will definitely being doing the same thing for my son in the future!

momofmy2boys
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:46 AM

me too 3 times

Quoting IloveHayden08:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)