Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Neutrogena OR Oil of Olay?? Skin Care

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:48 AM
  • 6 Replies

I generally use neutrogena face products, mostly acne products.  But I don't have acne really, except for the occasional blemish.  So I want to get more into the products that helps minimize pores, smooth out skin tone, anti-aging, etc.  I have an aunt who uses oil of olay, but I've never used those products before.  Probably because of the price :)  and I've tried Mary Kay, but it's nothing too special for me.  What do you suggest from these two, or what other line do you suggest?  Thanks!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
bablondie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:51 AM

None of the above.

I think Avon has good stuff.

But I switched to organic/natural, so I get a lot of my skincare at the vitamin store: like derma E line and stuff.

Meli55a2001
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:30 AM

My mom uses the Olay Regenerist line but I don't use with brand.  I have Clinique's 3-step for oily/combination oily skin.  The products I have are super-sized and I got them from QVC.  I think it was about $65 and after S&H and taxes, it was about $75.  The product sizes are 13.5 oz facial soap, 16.5 oz clarifying lotion with pump, and 6.7 oz dramatically different moisturizing gel.  About every four months, I need to reorder. 

I recently purchased Bare Escentual's RareMinerals which is a night treatment.  I've only been using it for a week but have noticed a difference.  I had a zit on my chin and dabbed some of the RareMinerals on it and in about a day it was pretty much gone.  I have the 30-day supply which I got in a kit but the regular size is 0.15oz, is a 90-day supply and is $60 on most websites. 

I've tried all types of drugstore products: Noxema, Neutrogena, Clearasil, OXY, L'oreal, etc.  I've found that for my skin a little investment in pricier products is worth it.  It'll probably take some time to find out what works.  You could see if any companies offer trial sizes or free samples.

spastic_poodle
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:34 AM

I  use Olay Total Effects Night Firming Cream and loooove it, along with using St. Ives Elements Olive scrub... I've really seen a difference in the softness and firmness of my skin.  my mom uses the Olay Regenerist and really likes it.  I use Nuetrogena for sunscreen (the most important part of any skin care regime.)

lyrick24
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:35 AM

I can tell you that I worked in a Geriatric facility for 15 years and sometimes we would have these elderly ladies c ome in with the prettiest skin and it would just glow and look so smooth and every time they would have used oil of olay and still be using it. I don't know about the other products they may work as well, I can only tell you from my experience.

mitch576
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:45 AM

i'm an oil of olay girl personally.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

my2girls516
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:54 AM

I have been using aveeno products.  I think anything you use will help your skin but, reading this, makes me want to try Oil of Olay products.  To me, this is a great testimony.

Quoting lyrick24:

I can tell you that I worked in a Geriatric facility for 15 years and sometimes we would have these elderly ladies c ome in with the prettiest skin and it would just glow and look so smooth and every time they would have used oil of olay and still be using it. I don't know about the other products they may work as well, I can only tell you from my experience.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)