• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what can i do to make the pain stop PLEASE HELP Update

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:56 AM
  • 28 Replies

I just woke up with the worlds worst toothache and i dont know what to do to mak it stop. I am 22 weeks pregnant and not sure what i can take or do to make it go away till morning at least.  It hurts so bad that im nearly in tears.  im going to make an appointment tommorow for and emergency visit to my dentist but in the mean time i need some relief.  crying

Well i got some sleep last night but not much. I am on my way now to see my dentist and find out what can be done to help relieve the pain.  Hopfully ill be back later feeling better.  thanks again to all that relpied in the middle of the night

well i seen my dentist today and was surprised that he actually wanted to pull the tooth out.  said there wasnt much left of it to really save so i let him take it out. I already feel a whole lot better, a little sore but thats to be expected. was told to by my OB today that i am NOT ALLOWED to use Ibprofen at all since i am 22weeks along.  Im just glad its all over and i will get some relief now

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
msmoody
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:01 AM

There's not much you can do except for overdosing on Orajel and Ibuprophen..and crying of course.

Toothaches SUCK, I know...I'm sorry, mama!

NCMommy2be
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:02 AM

Chew down where it hurts on a clove of garlic. I don't know why it works but it does for a lot of people.

trist22
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:03 AM

Tylenol is about all you can take. If you go to the Hospital they will give you tylenol 3. You can use some of that numbing gel to help. Cloves are also known to help toothaches.  Use a warm rinse of Salt water on the area.  Sorry :(  toothaches suck... sounds like a root canal is in your future.

libra202181
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:03 AM

ive been reading online that ibuprophen isnt safe to take while pregnant, but if it is i dont have any at the moment so im still screwed

Quoting msmoody:

There's not much you can do except for overdosing on Orajel and Ibuprophen..and crying of course.

Toothaches SUCK, I know...I'm sorry, mama!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:03 AM

Quoting NCMommy2be:

Chew down where it hurts on a clove of garlic. I don't know why it works but it does for a lot of people.

would a mint leaf work too ?

local49rswife
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:04 AM

take tylenol  it works to  

libra202181
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:04 AM

this tooth im afraid needs to be pulled, i have a huge whole on the side of the tooth that used to have a filling in it but fell out while i was sleeping tonight

Quoting trist22:

Tylenol is about all you can take. If you go to the Hospital they will give you tylenol 3. You can use some of that numbing gel to help. Cloves are also known to help toothaches.  Use a warm rinse of Salt water on the area.  Sorry :(  toothaches suck... sounds like a root canal is in your future.

edwardsgirl
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:05 AM

if you have cloves in your spice rack try putting some on the tooth that hurts.  It is safe to use orajel while pregnant so use a lot of that and try to get it looked at first thing tomorrow. I am sorry mama, toothaches are the worst. Your post just reminded me i have 2 cavities that i never got filled from 2 years ago. I just completely forgot about them.

libra202181
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:05 AM

ive already taken 4 tylenol regular strength but so far no relief yet

Quoting local49rswife:

take tylenol  it works to  

musicians_mom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:07 AM

If you have some whiskey take a swig and hold it over the tooth for a few minutes. Don't swallow it. It should numb it for a while.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)