Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spotting... normal or not TMI

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:02 AM
  • 10 Replies

So I noticed some spotting earlier after.... well you know... and it scared me witless. First it started out bright red and then it started looking like reddish discharge and then turned brown and stopped. Is this normal or should I ne worried? I am terrified of miscarrying again. I know I can't handle that. My last pregnancy ended in a live birth but I do have a history of miscarriage. I called the dr and they just said it could be normal or it could be bad and just to keep an eye on it. I have to go to bed in a very short while so any input will be appreciated... thanks

I am a Satanist, vaccinating, formula feeding, disposable diapering, cosleeping, elective csection having, college attending,   fast food working, Happily engaged, thinking about converting back to Christianity..... WAIT FOR IT.....  Mommy to a precious little girl named Kailee Virginia Dawn born 9/16/08 weighing 8 pounds 7 ounces and 21 inches long and expecting number 2 sometime in the beginning of 2010... Is any of this something you have a problem with??? Unfortunately I don't think I care...  This is MY life and I'm happy with it.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:05 AM

it sounds normal but if you are concerned i think it wouldnt hurt just to go in and have them check and perhaps check your hormone levels in case.

edwardsgirl
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:08 AM

bleeding after sex while pregnant can be normal. If the bleeding turns bright red again, picks up in flow, or you begin to experience pain you may want to call your doctor. There isn't much they can do to stop a early miscarriage. If it doesn't come back just bring it up at your next appt.

PROUD_SAHM
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:09 AM

bump

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I. ~ One died for your soul, the other for your freedom." -Author: unknown

kissyfur29
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:11 AM

I kinda agree with DR.Just keep an eye on it and lie down put your feet up and just try to rest.If it starts back up again them go in.I wish you the best.

edwardsgirl
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:13 AM

I also want to add that i wouldn't have sex anymore until you talk to your doctor.  I hope everything turns out ok for you.

singlemama20
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:13 AM

Thanks. I never had any spotting with Kailee. But then again i was single and not doing anything.

Quoting frndlyfn:

it sounds normal but if you are concerned i think it wouldnt hurt just to go in and have them check and perhaps check your hormone levels in case.

I am a Satanist, vaccinating, formula feeding, disposable diapering, cosleeping, elective csection having, college attending,   fast food working, Happily engaged, thinking about converting back to Christianity..... WAIT FOR IT.....  Mommy to a precious little girl named Kailee Virginia Dawn born 9/16/08 weighing 8 pounds 7 ounces and 21 inches long and expecting number 2 sometime in the beginning of 2010... Is any of this something you have a problem with??? Unfortunately I don't think I care...  This is MY life and I'm happy with it.

edwardsgirl
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:14 AM

Quoting singlemama20:

Thanks. I never had any spotting with Kailee. But then again i was single and not doing anything.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Spotting in early pregnancy is more common then some think. In fact mose mothers experience it.

singlemama20
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:15 AM

I've miscarried but I never spotted. I just started bleeding... no pain nothing.... so this is something I have never had happen. Thanks for the advice.

Quoting edwardsgirl:

bleeding after sex while pregnant can be normal. If the bleeding turns bright red again, picks up in flow, or you begin to experience pain you may want to call your doctor. There isn't much they can do to stop a early miscarriage. If it doesn't come back just bring it up at your next appt.

singlemama20
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:18 AM

I've been sitting down as much as possible with a 9mo. She keeps me pretty busy. But I've conned DF into doing most of it.

Quoting kissyfur29:

I kinda agree with DR.Just keep an eye on it and lie down put your feet up and just try to rest.If it starts back up again them go in.I wish you the best.

singlemama20
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:20 AM

We aren't. I have an appt the 16th. I don't know why they waited so long. I'm going to a new dr. My old one would have had me in last week. None of this waiting three weeks after calling to schedule.

Quoting edwardsgirl:

I also want to add that i wouldn't have sex anymore until you talk to your doctor.  I hope everything turns out ok for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)