• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you know what I REALLY hate?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:48 AM
  • 11 Replies

OK, hate is a strong word, but want to know what really drives me insane?

When my MILemails me, I ignore it because it could be anything. ( It popped up and she always says hello in the subject line) then she sends me another one 5 minutes later.  (Same thing only this time hello is HELLO!?!?!) So i check it out and respond with (mom, what is the question? Is everything ok?)  not more than a minute after she sends the second email and she ignores me! I know she is online i see her.

That woman really knows how to drive me crazy. I love her to death but if you send somebody a email that reads

I have a question. can you help me?

Then another one that reads

I know your online i see your logged in. I have a question CAN YOU HELP ME?

Then answer! when i ask you what is the question? DOH!

( and yes i called her, she has dial up so it went to her aol voice mail because she is online! There is nothing wrong, she does this all the time because she knows i stay up extremely late)

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leejoy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:52 AM

LOL sounds like my sil only whether I answer or not she just calls me cause she sees me online and knows Im awake.

LaNette000
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:54 AM

hahaha that is corny, wonder why she doesn't send one email and ask whatever it is she wants to ask. But instead sends the same stuff over and over, that's odd. Is she kind of Old? 

WAHM_Teresa
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:55 AM

Reminds me of my grandmother.  She'd always call me and tell me that she sent me an email and to get back to her.  When I'd ask what it was about she'd tell me to read it and let her know. laughing

SuthrnPrincess
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:57 AM

HAHAHA aren't mil's supposed to drive us crazy??  

LaNette000
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:59 AM

haha When my maternal grandma was alive, she would call, say what she had to say and then hang up, without even waiting for any of us to respond. we'd have to call her back and say what we wanted to say, she still would just hang up in the middle of a conversation, no goodbye or chat later, or anything. haah 

LuvinMyBoynGirl
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:00 AM

lol, that's funny

Quoting WAHM_Teresa:

Reminds me of my grandmother.  She'd always call me and tell me that she sent me an email and to get back to her.  When I'd ask what it was about she'd tell me to read it and let her know. laughing

Becky.Mom.of.2
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:04 AM

Quoting SuthrnPrincess:

HAHAHA aren't mil's supposed to drive us crazy??  

Well of course! LOL

LaNette000
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:05 AM

Oh but just imagine, one day we all could be crazy mil's hahaha  

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:10 AM

Don't answer the e-mail from her if it just says hello, I have a question. Wait till she actually asks a question in her e-mail before responding to her. She is playing an immature game with you because she knows it drives you insane and because she knows you stay up really late. Just ignore it and sign off line or change your status to invisible if that is a choice for your e-mail program. She'll get the message if you cut off all communication through e-mail with her unless it is a legitimate question.

edwardsgirl
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:17 AM

MY MIL is in her late 60's. Sometimes her questions are important. My FIL has dementia and she thinks i know everything there is to know about that disease.  I tell her that dementia is not something i am familar with but i try to help her the best i can. It sucks when your the only person in the entire side to be in the medical profession. To her i am some kind of God.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)