• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do your LO's call their grandparents?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:59 AM
  • 84 Replies

My DD is only six months old so she doesn't call them anything yet lol... but their nicknames are Nana and Papa (my parents) and Yaya and Peeps (DH's parents). I'm just curious as to what your LO's grandparents go by :)

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuthrnPrincess
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:00 AM

nana, pawpaw and gee 

roxy85
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:01 AM

Grandma and Pawpaw for my parents. We don't talk to my FIL. When my MIL rarely calls we try to get our oldest to call her Nana, but he just hangs up on her :)

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

ReniesMommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:02 AM

DD calls my parents papa & grammy (my dad keeps trying to get her to call him grampie, but she refuses), she calls my in-laws papa & grandma. 2 papa's gets confusing, but I guess she likes it that way! lol

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BrigetteLyn
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:03 AM

Keira calls my mom Nana because she already had a Grandma (dh's mom) and a Granny (my grandma) so we called my mom Nana from her birth. We started out calling my dad Grandpa becasue dh's dad is deceased and my grandpa is Gramps but when Keira started talking she couldn't say Grandpa it sounded more like PaPa...so now that's what we all call him!!!

bablondie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:07 AM

Amma and Ampa

geistans
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:12 AM

my daughters call my father .... Opa  they don't know what to call my stepmom; tashie says not grandpa. And they call my hubby's mom .... grandma

@~~~>~~~  I love my Three Princesses and One Prince! 
I am also step mom to Two great Boys!!!  ~~~~<~~~~~@

To realize the value of one month: Ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.

apeclark2008
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:14 AM

My DS is only 9 Months so Nothing yet but my SDD and my Younger Nephews and Nieces call my mom Mamaw The older ones call her Granny.... Most likly our DS will call her Mamaw.... Coz thats what i call her when im talking to him about her... 

"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift! That is why its called The Present!" Kung fu panda  

michelle110570
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:16 AM

mu toddler doesn't call them anything yet, my oldest call my mom grammie, and my father grandpa and his wife grammie brenda...we don't see or talk to my husband's parents...he talks to them sometimes, and anyway they claim my oldest (his stepson) isn't their grandchild or really his son, so I could really care if they ever interact with either one of my kids....

edwardsgirl
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:18 AM

my kids call my husband's family nana and popo; they call my mom and dad grandpa and gigi. My mom has issues with anything grandparent related. So she wants to go by gigi. She's weird..but she is my mother so i have to love her.

strwberryfields
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:22 AM

I call my grandmother Mamaw! I don't know anyone else who says that lol.

Quoting apeclark2008:

My DS is only 9 Months so Nothing yet but my SDD and my Younger Nephews and Nieces call my mom Mamaw The older ones call her Granny.... Most likly our DS will call her Mamaw.... Coz thats what i call her when im talking to him about her... 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)