• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ugh.... Help... Kinda Long

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:26 AM
  • 7 Replies

Ok so Ive been working for Oh.... 2 months now and my SO and I have been talking about having our second child... I know we want one more and Im ok with getting prego again. Im just afraid since we just got off 95% of the PA we were on that having a nother baby would cause us to drop back down to where we were... The place I work at is pretty cool and I know I would get Maturnity Leave as long as im there 6 months... But I just don't know if I could go back to work after 6 wks when I was able to spend almost 9 months with our DS and Not feel really really Guilty... Any Advice? Im just torn.. I don't want to get back on PA and I don't want to start working again that soon after having our next child... Im not sure what to do... Currently I am on BC so... its just something we've been talking about and just wanted to get some Opinions!! HELP!!!

"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift! That is why its called The Present!" Kung fu panda  

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
edwardsgirl
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:29 AM

crunch the numbers.  See if its doable. If its not then wait a little while. Having a baby now versus having a baby later is not that big of deal. Yes, its hard because you want one, but having one when you can really truly afford another baby will be much more memorable instead of having fears that you won't be and the stress that that fear can cause. Its so much nicer knowing you can afford the children you have instead of worrying about where the money is going to come from to buy the stuff they need.

michelle110570
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:29 AM

personally I would wait until we were financially ready for another child, but that's just me.  You have to do what you belive is best for you and your family.

apeclark2008
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:32 AM

we are pretty Finacually Stable right now... im making almost $10 an Hr and working 40-45hrs a wk... i just don't want to feel guilty for not spending as much time with the new baby that i did with my DS.... and if I don't go back for X amount of time we might have to get on PA again until i go back.... Coz where i work I'll get Paid Maturnity Leave....(KOOL HUH?) Im just worried...

Quoting michelle110570:

personally I would wait until we were financially ready for another child, but that's just me.  You have to do what you belive is best for you and your family.

"Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery, and Today is a Gift! That is why its called The Present!" Kung fu panda  

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:35 AM

Congrats on being able to get 95% off of PA.

I would advise you to wait to have another baby.

1.) You are almost fully off of PA and you don't want to have to go back on it. Waiting will give you the chance to save money up so you won't have to go back on it.

2.) Feeling guilty for leaving your next child after only six weeks. If you wait a while to have another child you might be able to save up enough money to be able to take more then six weeks off to stay with your child.

It's up to you to make the decision and I am sure whatever decision you make will be the best one for your family.

proudgrammie07
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:53 AM

agreed

Quoting Caitlin10081989:

Congrats on being able to get 95% off of PA.

I would advise you to wait to have another baby.

1.) You are almost fully off of PA and you don't want to have to go back on it. Waiting will give you the chance to save money up so you won't have to go back on it.

2.) Feeling guilty for leaving your next child after only six weeks. If you wait a while to have another child you might be able to save up enough money to be able to take more then six weeks off to stay with your child.

It's up to you to make the decision and I am sure whatever decision you make will be the best one for your family.

lilberber
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:04 AM

Being finantually stable means you do not need PA at all, You can support your self and family without needing assistance.

Quoting apeclark2008:

we are pretty Finacually Stable right now... im making almost $10 an Hr and working 40-45hrs a wk... i just don't want to feel guilty for not spending as much time with the new baby that i did with my DS.... and if I don't go back for X amount of time we might have to get on PA again until i go back.... Coz where i work I'll get Paid Maturnity Leave....(KOOL HUH?) Im just worried...

Quoting michelle110570:

apeclark2008
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:07 PM

Thanks for all ur Input Ladies..... Oh and the only PA we have right now is my SO's Disability.... Im not sure If u consider that PA or not....  Anywho Thanks for the Info!! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)