Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ughh what happened? *EDITED*

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:07 AM
  • 12 Replies

my dd is 8 mo. old and she used to sleep throught the night but the past 3 nights she has gotten up at exactly 4:00

eats a bottle is restless for about 30 min and then goes to bed.. what?!?!? I don't know why, but I am soo tired. I have been having trouble sleeping. I have tried getting her to bed earlier but this chick refuses to go to slep before 11pm. 

she doesn't nap much during the day she taks 1 nap at like 3-4

routine :

bath at 10:00

solid food

bottle

bed.

then she has  been waking up I don't mind her being up later.  bc she will wake up at like 10am she used to sleep 11 hours a night. I think she is teething but she isn't crying she just coos in her bed Idk

CafeMom Tickers
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
happysnappy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:17 AM

lol....i hope you don't expect a lot of sympathy from other tired mommies.  My son is almost two and it's off and on sleep through the night.  more often than not, he's up at least once...and it's a rare occasion when I get back to sleep.

start an IV of caffeine.  you'll be ok mama. hhahaha

John 3:16 
Susan262
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:56 AM

I don't know, my dd never slept much.  But as she is growing, maybe she is getting hungry in the night.  Is it too soon to give her a little solid food before bed?  Susan262

milmiracle
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:07 AM

control takes away your energy, I am sure u have better things to do w/ it.

momsbreak5654
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:08 AM

Depending on your personal schedule.....if she naps in the day time, maybe you need to shorten the nap or get rid of it all together.  She should go to sleep earlier. 

Me personally....4am with an 8 month old, i would try to let her fuss herself back to sleep.

Solid foods?  Wow do things change!  My kids had rice cereal in their bottles at 4 wks.  On tolerated solids by 6 months.  Off the bottle and formula by 1 yr. 

Courage in a woman is often mistaken for insanity.   Are you insane?

lyrick24
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:10 AM

What time are you feeding her her supper and bathing her?

lollipopcat
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:49 AM

She could be teething too. Maybe try some teething tablets when she wakes up.

baby

rowansmum
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:55 AM

8 months and only sleeping 5 hours at a time?  Something's not right.  How many naps is she having? How does she act during the day?  When's dinner and bath and whatnot?  What's the bedtime schedual like?  Rowan was sleeping from 8 to 8 by around 4 months (no I didn't train him,  he just did it although I did encourage it).  I know that's not average but 5 hours isn't either

pregnancy
lillitigator88
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:45 AM

huh?

Quoting milmiracle:

joledalynn
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:47 AM

my thoughts too...*scratches head*confused

Quoting lillitigator88:

huh?

Quoting milmiracle:

shooting phototreadmillin lovebaby boyttc

What_a_Picture.gif What A Sign! picture by Vl_Bruno

oceanus407
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:48 AM

maybe she's teething? About the sleeping through the night I have no advice...mine is almost 2 and still doesn't

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)