Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Grocery shopping at the Dollar Store?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:31 AM
  • 17 Replies

Anyone done this? I've done it before when we lived in a different state. My DH says their food doesn't taste as good. I think it's fine.

navy  listening to tunes   boy on a swing

David and Kristin 7/30/05                Jayden 2/8/08

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommy2LPK
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:32 AM

No. I don't buy anything that is made for interal use at the dollar store.

lapcounter
by Super Mom on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:33 AM

I will get my cleaning supplies their but anything that my family is going to eat there is no way I would do that, it just grosses me out  just my personal opinion.

bnj03
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:33 AM

We dont have much at ours but I do go there to get DF snacks for his lunches for work. Also if they have some good prices on what little they do have I will get it.

3timesoccermom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:34 AM

I don't know why but I don't trust food products from there. I don't have any particular reason, just a feeling so I don't buy anything edible.  No toothpaste, mouthwash, that sort of thing either. I DO buy toothbrushes there though.  LOL

lyrick24
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:35 AM

I've done it many times and I've always  been satisfied with what they have. Especially with their prices. Just put the stuff in another container and he'll never know the difference! Or just don't let him know where it come from.

my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:38 AM

When we are on vacation at the beach that is where I get certain things mainly dry products...cereal, rice, pasta.  I also go to the local Dollar Store where I live to buy the cleaning products and other certain items. 

KYChica
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:42 AM

Yes as a matter of fact , I picked up a few groceries from there yesterday. The Dollar Store is normally where I do my "in between grocery store days shopping" at. If we missed something or ran out of something small & are low on cash - that's the place you'll find me! lol They have name brand stuff just like the grocery store has & generic stuff like the grocery store has too so I don't see why anyone would be afraid to eat their food.

margaritaville85. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

KRISSH
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:43 AM

I HAVE AND PROB WILL AGAN..I KNOW SOME FOOD DO TAST FUNNY BUT SHIT U ARE HAVING A PENNY..I DO LIKE TO SHOP THAR. DIFF STORES OFFER DIFF STUFF. I LIKE THE BABY STUFF ,SOME CLOTHING THAT THAY HAVE.

BethPrice1345
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:43 AM

I've done lots of grocery shopping at Dollar General.

sahmommy2
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:47 AM

i buy a few food items from their store.my local dollar general carries alot of the names brand things but at lower prices. i think it tastes the same and is just as good for a lower price

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)