Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know how to interpret dreams?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:32 AM
  • 4 Replies

I am a member of a few dream anlyasis groups but it takes forever for a response and this is driving me crazy.

I keep having dreams about murder. A few weeks ago a man (I didn't recognize) killed eight girls with a knife then tried to come after me but I was able to use him as a shield when his girlfriend shot at me. So he was killed and my mother and I were able to keep her down while we called the police.

Last night I dreamed that my best friend irl was a serial killer. She would take men into a wooded area and kill them. I didn't see the killings occur but I knew what she was doing. Her ex-boyfriend in the dream, not irl and I don't actually know him although I would like to ;), and I got very close. We started a relationship and I had a very deep emotional feeling towards him. We didn't want my friend to find out because we were afraid she would kill us. It was such a mixture of negative and positive feelings. I can't even say if it was a good dream or bad dream. I woke up missing the guy in the dream though and really wishing he was real. lol

Anyone want to analyze?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
br0kenscars
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:35 AM

I don't know how to interpert dreams but .. I always have dreams of my friends or family dying or being murdered .. and I think deep down its because I am sooo afraid to lose them.. so if anything I would just think you have a vivid imagination... [do you watch alot of scary movies?]  Dreams don't always need interpreted sometimes it is just your imagination and things you see working into over drive.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:40 AM

Dreammoods.com has a dream dictionary. I refer to it often and it is usually pretty accurate.

Luna091306
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:49 AM

You may be right! lol I watch a lot of scary movies.

Quoting br0kenscars:

I don't know how to interpert dreams but .. I always have dreams of my friends or family dying or being murdered .. and I think deep down its because I am sooo afraid to lose them.. so if anything I would just think you have a vivid imagination... [do you watch alot of scary movies?]  Dreams don't always need interpreted sometimes it is just your imagination and things you see working into over drive.

Luna091306
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:55 AM

Interesting. This is what it said.

Killer

To see a killer in your dream, suggests that an essential aspect of your emotions have been cut off.  You feel that you are losing your identity and your individuality. Alternatively, this dream may represent purification and the healing process. You are standing up for yourself and putting a dramatic end to something.

Lover

To see a lover in your dream, symbolizes acceptance, self-worth, and acknowledgement of your true inner value. It may also indicate integration of masculine and feminine traits into yourself. You are feeling complete or whole. Your dream lover may also be someone who is your ideal. The dream could be compensatory for a unsatisfactory or unfulfilling relationship in your real life.

Friend

To see friends in your dream, signifies aspects of your personality that you have rejected, but are ready to incorporate and acknowledge these rejected aspects of yourself. The relationships you have with those around you are important in learning about yourself. Additionally, this symbol foretells of happy tidings from them and the arrival of good news. 

To see your childhood friend in your dream, signifies regression into your past where you had no responsibilities and things were much simpler and carefree. You may be wanting to escape the the pressures and stresses of adulthood. Consider the relationship you had with this friend and the lessons that were learned. Alternatively, the childhood friend may be suggesting that you have been acting in a childish manner and you need to start acting like an adult.

Quoting JulyBabies:

Dreammoods.com has a dream dictionary. I refer to it often and it is usually pretty accurate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)