• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some creative mommas!!! :)

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:38 AM
  • 17 Replies

I'm doing Relay for Life in July and our overall theme is Cruisin for a Cure..many people will obviously do something with cars or boats but can anything think of anything else that I could do?  I'm having trouble deciding how to decorate too, once I do come up with an idea...I want something orginial, not racecars or boat cruises, you know?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jencalkins
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:46 AM

bump 

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:47 AM

Horse and buggy

airplane

four wheelers

mom-of-two9698
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:50 AM

LOL!!!  Tom Cruise!

lyrick24
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:50 AM

roller blades

surf boards

Mommyclw
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:59 AM

You can do a destination party like a Luau or Las Vegas. It doesn't have to be the Cruisin. Hope this helps. By the way if you do go Luau Dollar Tree has a million things Luau in it!!!

Lilypie 4th Birthday PicLilypie 4th Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday PicLilypie Kids birthday Ticker
amylyn4family
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:05 AM

The first thing I thought of was a Caribbean Cruise theme, but then I saw you wanted to stay away from that. Maybe a 50's theme, see if there are people who would be willing to bring their old renovated cars in to showcase. If it's inside function this might be a little hard to do though. Hope this gives you some more options.

jencalkins
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Thank you for the ideas!! 

jencalkins
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:06 AM

Quoting amylyn4family:

The first thing I thought of was a Caribbean Cruise theme, but then I saw you wanted to stay away from that. Maybe a 50's theme, see if there are people who would be willing to bring their old renovated cars in to showcase. If it's inside function this might be a little hard to do though. Hope this gives you some more options.

I thought about a caribbean cruise, but was unsure how to decorate my site...tropical, or like a cruise ship, you know?

mommyof035and6
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:07 AM

Do  you just need like a t-shirt graphic??  you could do something with a cruise missile aimed at like little cartoon germ/ cancer cell things...

it's really cute in my mind lol 

evaleesmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:09 AM

i like the tom cruis idea im not a big fan of him personaly but it could be fun to have people dress us as different characters from his movies.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)