• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do your little ones sing along to any songs???

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:19 AM
  • 14 Replies

my 5 yr old son damien absolutely loves the song "second chance" by shinedown and he kniows every single word to it and sings along with it every time its on.it is absolutely adorable and me and my hubby get a kick out of him singing it. so do your kids sing along to any songs off the radio? what one and how old are they?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Christy644
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:22 AM

My 4 year old nephew knows every word to Avril "keep holding on" it is sooooo cute to watch. he sings loud and proud!

Kays_Mama06
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:23 AM

He'll sing along to any song he here's on the radio since the CD in the player is house/dance music, no words lol. 

He knows some of the words and will say them.. But he usually just sings along to the melody.  

athenax3

My three year old loves music and sings a LOT of songs- the new one lately unfortunately is "hope it gives you hell" by all american rejects (I"m pretty sure)- and while I love to hear her sing, I hate to hear her use "hell" - although dh and I discussed and have decided in the interest of artistic accuracy we may let this one slide-

But she can sing almost ANY song that comes on the radio regularly, and has quite a wide range of musical cd's herself- I'm hoping to get her one of those toddler MP3's for her b-day in November- I know she will LOVE it....

nancycsel

Our 2 year old DD attempts to sing Beat It by Michael Jackson.... all thanks to my husband and his obsession with Rock Band.  It's cute though he'll play the drums or guitar and she'll sing with the microphone.  She even taught me how to turn the Xbox on.. LOL

sahmommy2
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:26 AM

lol my 7 yr old loves that song. i personally cant stand it. hopefully baby #3 will like a good range of music like my boys and me do.

Quoting nancycsel:

Our 2 year old DD attempts to sing Beat It by Michael Jackson.... all thanks to my husband and his obsession with Rock Band.  It's cute though he'll play the drums or guitar and she'll sing with the microphone.  She even taught me how to turn the Xbox on.. LOL

presNlivsMommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:26 AM

My 4 year old sing Love Story all the time and she loves that song by The Fray, where were you. Whenever those songs come on she makes me turn up the radio while she sings.It is the cutest thing!!

Rhynestonefreak
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:29 AM
I have a very good friend who is a popular artist in the Houston area, I've been going to his shows since before Parker (2) was born. Well Parker goes to all his shows and has been able to hear him just playing around, and he loves his music. He gave me a CD and it would would put him to sleep, so now, he's 2 and can hum along with it, it's too cute.

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

BrandonsMom1000
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:32 AM

I knowi it's bad, but my 4 year old knows most of the words to Warrant "Cherry Pie" and All American Rejects "Gives You Hell".  He also sings along to George Strait "I Saw God Today" and Jason Aldean "She's Country".  We listen to a little bit of everything in our house.  He even likes Lynyrd Skynyrd.

ps.iloveyou
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:34 AM

um lets, me my son loves:

katy perry- hot n cold
pink- so what
Flo rida- right round
soulja boy- kiss me through the phone
and the Mr Grinch song (ur a mean one, Mr grinch)

he loves so many haha and yes, he sings along and i love it. he's 2 years old

Fairegirl33
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:46 AM

We LOVE music in our family and always are listening to music so the kids have always been singing singing singing :)

But recently, my girls who are 8 and 6 have found their "own" music that their like.  Lately it is Jonas Brothers and Miley Cyrus.  It think it is so cute to see them over at CD playing singing and dancing, man I remember those days. 

I am not an Athenian or a Greek, but a citizen of the world.

Socrates, from Plutarch, Of Banishment
Greek philosopher in Athens (469 BC - 399 BC)

~Melissa 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)