• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you needs some support? Hugs? Love? Recognition? Just an web shoulder to cry on? LOOK HERE! Edit - Day 2 let's keep it supportive!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:38 AM
  • 107 Replies

Ok I want to start a post where anyone can complain about ANYTHING that they are dealing with right now and we will ONLY provide supportive comments.  Meaning, if you can't support what they are saying, you just have to skip that one to comment on.  So here are the rules....

1.  ONLY supportive comments....even if you dont agree with the situation there is usually (i've found) a way to at least be supportive of the person's feelings.

2.  Dont post crap and expect support.  No bashing of races, sexual orientation, religion, abortion, all the hot button topics, and expect supportive comments.  Now if you are PERSONALLY dealing with one of these issues, that's a different matter and you should feel free to post.  Just no posting comments you know are just to cause drama.

3.  Let's see if we can keep this post going.  It would be nice if we could have one NC post that a person could post their problem or complaint in and KNOW they wont have to worry about bashing. 

4.  If you have nothing nice to say about this post, please move on. 

5.  If you have recently accomplished something great and want to share without being worried people will be accusing you of boasting or bragging...here is the post! 

If you have read this far and dont care to make a personal comment, please bump!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrs_k_sarnik
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:49 AM

Okay, well I guess I'll go. My DH is deployed. Before he was gone he was at training...ALOT. He's missed our son's first everything! He will miss our anniversary, his bday, and alot more of our son's first. I know what he's doing is important and I love and supposrt him but still it sucks.come home

navy  listening to tunes   boy on a swing

David and Kristin 7/30/05                Jayden 2/8/08

hhickey
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:49 AM

My 3.5 year old was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder two weeks ago.  She began a new medication that we were beginning to really like.  This weekend, we found out she is allergic to it when we ended up in the ER with an all over body rash.  So, now we have to go thru the process of waiting for her body to flush out that drug before we can start on something else to try.  We are back to not sleeping again and she was awake for two hours last night in the middle of the night.

I feel sad for her as I also have bi-polar so I know what she is going thru.  I am also sad that bi-polar is genetic and I basically "gave" it to her.  However, I pray that she is as sucessful as I like to THINK I am at overcoming this.  In the meantime, I just wish I didn't have to work so I could snuggle her all day.

As for the good news....  I finished a huge project at work, very successfully last week and my older kids are coming for their regular summer visit beginning this weekend.  We have lots of great things planned and are looking forward to the whole clan being here.

hhickey
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Quoting mrs_k_sarnik:

Okay, well I guess I'll go. My DH is deployed. Before he was gone he was at training...ALOT. He's missed our son's first everything! He will miss our anniversary, his bday, and alot more of our son's first. I know what he's doing is important and I love and supposrt him but still it sucks.come home

My thoughts are with ya mamma!  Hang in there and keep your chin up.

mrs_k_sarnik
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Oh momma, don't feel like you geva it to her. She seems like she has a good role model in you. That's great news about your kids coming to see you. Have fun!you rock

Quoting hhickey:

My 3.5 year old was diagnosed with bi-polar disorder two weeks ago.  She began a new medication that we were beginning to really like.  This weekend, we found out she is allergic to it when we ended up in the ER with an all over body rash.  So, now we have to go thru the process of waiting for her body to flush out that drug before we can start on something else to try.  We are back to not sleeping again and she was awake for two hours last night in the middle of the night.

I feel sad for her as I also have bi-polar so I know what she is going thru.  I am also sad that bi-polar is genetic and I basically "gave" it to her.  However, I pray that she is as sucessful as I like to THINK I am at overcoming this.  In the meantime, I just wish I didn't have to work so I could snuggle her all day.

As for the good news....  I finished a huge project at work, very successfully last week and my older kids are coming for their regular summer visit beginning this weekend.  We have lots of great things planned and are looking forward to the whole clan being here.

navy  listening to tunes   boy on a swing

David and Kristin 7/30/05                Jayden 2/8/08

Heathercurlz
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:53 AM

I think I could really use some hugs about now...my dd Kylie at almost 10 mths is developmentaly delayed...ie. she can't sit up on her own unassissted, isn't crawling, babbling in consonants, etc. Yesterday I took her in for her first MRI and genetic testing to find out the causes and I won't get the results back in another week. I'm scared to death that I'll just be told that they have no idea why. I have two friends who both had babies shortly before I did, one of them only a month before. Their is such a huge difference! My friends baby started crawling at 7 mths and I can't help but feel a little jealous of her. My first baby, Sean was sitting up on his own and holding his own sippy cup at 6 mths so I definitely have seen the differences in development. Everyone keeps telling me that she'll grow outta it, or like one of my friends said to me recently,"mental retardation is a blessing". Sure it is if that's the case right? I'm sure that if your baby was this delayed you'd be feeling just as blessed...NOT! I love my dd to pieces, but whenever I think about all this my chest just tightens.

My almost 5 yr old son by the way is the complete opposite and can't sit still for a moment. He's been seeing a behavioral therapist for the past 2 mths and is still a ton of work because he's not completely potty trained. I've tried all sorts of things to get this to work and started at the age of 2 1/2 yrs of age...I'm hoping he'll eventually get it down. Between the two I feel like I've definitely got my work cut out for me and many times feel like I'm being torn in half. I hope someday I can look back and think to myself that this really wasn't that hard to begin with...but for now I'd just like to think things will get better soon.

peepszaya
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Good luck to you, and I've got a question for you, how on earth did you get someone to diagnosis her so young? My son is 7 and I still can't get a dr to diagnosis it, even though his father was bi-polar and so is my father so the genetics for it are there!

Quoting hhickey:

judith106
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Im on day 5 of not smoking!!!!

caiti
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:58 AM

WOO HOO! GOOOOO MAMA!

Quoting judith106:

Heathercurlz
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:59 AM

I agree, that's so awesome....way ta go!!!!!!!

Quoting caiti:

WOO HOO! GOOOOO MAMA!

Quoting judith106:

2gud2btrue
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:59 AM

ohhhhh hun.  i have a son with severe developmental problems and i feel  your pain.  it WILL be hard...i'm not trying to scare you but i always wished the docs wouldn't have poo poo'd away all my fears in the beginning, cuz a lot of them are very valid.  but i promise you, you'll be AMAZED by the amount of patience and love you discover within yourself.  i think i'd be so much more selfish had it not been for my son.  HUGS!!!!  if you ever want to talk, vent, or even just rant at the world...i know what your going through and i'm here to PM if you ever need that.

Quoting Heathercurlz:

I think I could really use some hugs about now...my dd Kylie at almost 10 mths is developmentaly delayed...ie. she can't sit up on her own unassissted, isn't crawling, babbling in consonants, etc. Yesterday I took her in for her first MRI and genetic testing to find out the causes and I won't get the results back in another week. I'm scared to death that I'll just be told that they have no idea why. I have two friends who both had babies shortly before I did, one of them only a month before. Their is such a huge difference! My friends baby started crawling at 7 mths and I can't help but feel a little jealous of her. My first baby, Sean was sitting up on his own and holding his own sippy cup at 6 mths so I definitely have seen the differences in development. Everyone keeps telling me that she'll grow outta it, or like one of my friends said to me recently,"mental retardation is a blessing". Sure it is if that's the case right? I'm sure that if your baby was this delayed you'd be feeling just as blessed...NOT! I love my dd to pieces, but whenever I think about all this my chest just tightens.

My almost 5 yr old son by the way is the complete opposite and can't sit still for a moment. He's been seeing a behavioral therapist for the past 2 mths and is still a ton of work because he's not completely potty trained. I've tried all sorts of things to get this to work and started at the age of 2 1/2 yrs of age...I'm hoping he'll eventually get it down. Between the two I feel like I've definitely got my work cut out for me and many times feel like I'm being torn in half. I hope someday I can look back and think to myself that this really wasn't that hard to begin with...but for now I'd just like to think things will get better soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)