Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Standing up?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:43 AM
  • 17 Replies

Hey ladies, I need your help.

My son is 3 1/2 and totally potty trained during the day and night. But he still goes pee sitting down as that is how I taught him. His teachers tell me (and I agree) that it is time to teach him to stan dup when he pees.

I don't know the first thing about how to do that! and believe it or not, neither does my husband.

I've heard the cheerio thing. Taking a cheerio and placing it in the toilet and making him aim at it.

How do you do it? Or how did you do it?

And how do you get them to do it? I tried it once and my son completely refused to do it.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. He starts big boy school next month and I'm hoping he'll be doing it by then.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
saralouise
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:46 AM

I just said "you wanna pee standing up like daddy? " he said yes and I told him to just hold it and point it into the potty and he did it. that was when he was 2

Melamma
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 9:54 AM

That's incredible!!!!!! I tried that. My son usually walks by when my hubby is peeing (door is slightly closed) and asks "Daddy are you peeing?" My hubby says yes. My son says, "Are you peeing standing up?" My DH says yes. And that's it. My husband asked one time if my son wanted to come in and watch and if he wanted Daddy to show him how. My son said no. I have no idea how to approach this.

Quoting saralouise:

I just said "you wanna pee standing up like daddy? " he said yes and I told him to just hold it and point it into the potty and he did it. that was when he was 2

Lace2180
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:00 AM

bump

Melamma
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:01 AM

Thanks!!!!!!!

Quoting Lace2180:

bump

rachel_07

bump

Mommy of 1 going on 2 , working while pregnant, active duty navy, bottle feeding, disposable diper, SPANKING , tattooed, pro-choice, inter-racial relationship, vaccinating, outspoken. very happy doing what I do !

its a boy   toddler girl    in love

AmyNB
I don't have boys, so I don't know what the big deal is. LOL But here's a bump.
SGJsmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:03 AM

My oldest would go to the bathroom with daddy and he wanted to be like him, so he stood. He would even stand when he pooped. I had to get him to sit down when he pooped, that was kind of confusing for him...lol Just have him go a few times with daddy and he will probably pick it up. Good luck.

Melamma
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:04 AM

Thanks for the bumps ladies!

Is there anyone who has a boy that they are potty training or that they potty trained here!? LOL

I wanna start when he comes home from school at 2 today. Need some tips!

Thanks!

kissyfur29
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Have hubby bring him in the potty with him to show him how it is done.My hubby trained our boys that way.

cdgoldilocks
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:06 AM

He will do it when he is ready and no sooner. My son started peeing standing up just before his 4th birthday. You have shown him, he has seen it, he knows how. Now, we have to wait for him to be ready. If he is potty trained and does well, don't push the issue. I promise you that he will not be a 16 year old sitting to pee. He WILL eventually decide it is cool to Pee standing up.

2egbhgx.jpg Eleanor Roosevelt image by whatadollx3

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. -Barry Goldwater

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)