Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Unpaper towels *poll*

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:16 AM
  • 12 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you use unpaper towels?

Options:

Absolutely!

Maybe if it cost less than buying paper

No I like paper

Other - because there always is!

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

Do you know what they are? Do you use them? Would you like to use them? I've stocked a few in my store just to see how they sell (I mainly sell cloth diapering related things) but I'd like to get some opinions of women who aren't in my usual circles.

For those that don't know, unpaper towels are basically a towel roughly 12 inches square that has a cute print on one side and a textured fabric on the other (usually terry). The difference between dish rags and unpaper towels is the snaps in the corners. Unpaper towels roll up just like disposible paper towels! Below are some examples of unpaper towels (I made these) and next to them are unpaper minis which work great for dishs, napkins, baby wipes, etc...

Unpaper Towels - Keep the Trees

Unpaper Towels - Keep the Trees

Unpaper Towels - Berry Delight

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SuthrnPrincess
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:21 AM

bump

sk_tennyson
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Oh I forgot to put in my main post the price I sell them for!!

The first 2 sets are 6 towels and 4 minis which I priced at $25. Keep in mind that this includes all shipping, handling, and pay pal fees so really they are priced at $15 and the other $10 is shipping and pay pal mostly. The strawberry set has 8 towels and 4 minis which I priced at $28.

Audreysmommy123
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:24 AM

here's a bump for ya

dastle
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:24 AM

It would really depend on the cost.  I am always trying to find new environmentally friendly ideas for my home, but really can't afford all the ideas I come up with LOL...  It's a great idea, as I go through a roll of paper towels a week sometimes 2, so I would rather have a different option then throwing all that away. 

evaleesmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:39 AM

i just heard about these not too long ago and i think they are an awsome idea.. i think thats a good price.. i just got a sewing machine this year so im making mine.. i already got my fabric just need to cut and sew.. just outta curiosity how big are the minis?? 

sk_tennyson
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:10 AM

It depends on the fabric shrinkage but they are generally 7-8 inches square, about the same size as a cloth baby wipe or family cloth (cloth toilet paper, great prego hemorrhoids lol).

Quoting evaleesmom:

i just heard about these not too long ago and i think they are an awsome idea.. i think thats a good price.. i just got a sewing machine this year so im making mine.. i already got my fabric just need to cut and sew.. just outta curiosity how big are the minis?? 

goatmom4
by Silver Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:13 AM

I use the kids old t-shirts   so i GUESS i USE REALLY UNPAPER TOWELS

2007mommy2be
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:22 AM

I think ppl will buy em. IMO on them personally ... I would not only because I do not like to keep many things that accumulate germs. I do not keep sponges very long.

sk_tennyson
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:28 AM

How to they accumulate germs? I'm just wondering. Do you toss out your regular towels, wash cloths, and panties often because of germs? These you wash in hot water with regular detergent and dry like normal. Nor fabric softener though as it makes them less absorbant. You can even use a small amount of bleach with them as long as you let the water swish before adding them.

I'm not being snarky, I'm seriously curious!

Quoting 2007mommy2be:

I think ppl will buy em. IMO on them personally ... I would not only because I do not like to keep many things that accumulate germs. I do not keep sponges very long.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)