Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please Help!!!!!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:16 AM
  • 6 Replies

HI,

We are flying to Hawaii in 3 wks with our 20 month old son, ANY suggestions for small toys or tricks for the flight. Its hard b/c at his age he doesnt do coloring books yet. I will have lots of snacks and there will be tv for half of the flight, but what else????????

HELP????????????

Mommy to my sweetpea

Praying for #2 !!angel mini

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Michelle2080
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:21 AM

What about a Magna Doodle? No worries for crayons or markers....and they make travel size ones, we used to have one in the car.

Tawanda74
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:22 AM

The first thing that comes to my mind is a travel magnadoodle. My 22 month old daughter loves hers. It is no mess and no noise so good for travelling. It car rides much easier for us these days :)   If I think of anything else I'll come back right now I can't think of anything else sorry :(

prestonjohn
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:22 AM

do you have one of those little portable DVD players for kids,,they are wonderful....he might also sleep for some of it

CassSpade
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:28 AM

I did a 24 hour trip with a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old and it went super smooth. I brought  along little paper lunch bags for every stop with a new little toy in it. You can just go to the dollar store and grab some random stuff, he'll just love it b/c it's new, but don't spend too much on it, that way you can throw it out on your way off the plane, so you don't have a ton of junk. Also, I had tied pieces of candy to a ribbon and they could take one off every hour. The kids loved that and it made time fly. Good luck, hope I helped!!

Photobucket

CassSpade
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:30 AM

oh yeah! MagnaDoodles are lifesavers~

Quoting Tawanda74:

The first thing that comes to my mind is a travel magnadoodle. My 22 month old daughter loves hers. It is no mess and no noise so good for travelling. It car rides much easier for us these days :)   If I think of anything else I'll come back right now I can't think of anything else sorry :(

Photobucket

lilsweetpea708
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Thanks so much for the great ideas!! I love the magna doodle idea. And he doesn't have one so it will be really new to him!!

I like the dollar store toys idea too.

I hope my trip goes smoothe too!

Mommy to my sweetpea

Praying for #2 !!angel mini

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)