• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you think the Duggars are irresponsible...

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:17 AM
  • 33 Replies

I've read a bunch of times on this site that people think the Duggars are irresponsible for having so many children. Well, if that is what you think, at what point do you think they became irresponsible? Was it after their first child? Their 5th? Their 8th? 12th? 15th? or when??? 

I am NOT a woman whose hair looks perfect all the time, whose house is always clean, or who cooks a home-cooked meal every night.....I AM a woman who knows how to love unconditionally, learns from her mistakes, who is not afraid to stand up for what is right, and who is PROUD to be both a mother and a wife!                                                                                                 

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rhynestonefreak
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Uh oh...last week Jon and Kate...this week the Duggars...popcorn

toddler boyParker (6-1-07) baby boyColten (1-15-09) 

dastle
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:19 AM

I personally think they are crazy and I don't agree with the older kids being made to handle the younger kids, but I don't believe they are irresponsible at all. It's their choice on how many kids they want.  and all of their kids seem to be well rounded, and mature.  I think I would have killed myself when it got to 5 LOL, but it's no one else's problem how many kids they have.

cdgoldilocks
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:20 AM

I don't think they are.

They pay their bills. Their kids are learning life skills. They are all happy and well behaved, and it doesn't seem to be because they are being beaten into submission. Just because 18 kids isn't MY personal choice doesn't mean I should place my values on someone else. They are supporting their family on their own, no PA. The man even built his own home. I think as long as the children aren't abused and they aren't expecting society to carry their family through life, I don't care.

2egbhgx.jpg Eleanor Roosevelt image by whatadollx3

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. -Barry Goldwater

cdgoldilocks
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:21 AM

Quoting Rhynestonefreak:

Jon and Kate is an entire different subject. That is like comparing a fruit tree to a pile of shit.

2egbhgx.jpg Eleanor Roosevelt image by whatadollx3

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have. -Barry Goldwater

soccerchik8287
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:22 AM

I don't think they are irresponsible either, I'm just curious if there was/is a certain point where people thought they became irresponsible, or what. I would go crazy with that many kids but they seem to be able to handle it and always seem so happy

so.this.is.love

If being able to take care of 18 happy and respectful children, while being completely debt free, is considered being irresponsible...then i guess they are guilty.

I love them...and while the large amount of children is definitely not for me, I think they have every right to have as many as they can love and provide for.

julionna_lion

I may not like how they raise their children or agree with them on many issues...but one thing that I can say about them is that they are not irresponsible. They can afford all of their children. Heck, they can afford all of them..and they have their own home...and the mom can stay at home...and they can home-school....and everyone is fed.....they receive no PA.....

How can that be irresponsible?

I believe that there are some people with just one or two kids that are irresponsible....because if you cant afford your children and yet you decide to have more....that is irresponsible. But having children that you can afford....that might be a little crazy (18 kids! Gah!) But by no means is that irresponsible.

Kays_Mama06

Quoting Rhynestonefreak:

HAHA.. so true..

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM

Totally agree!

Quoting cdgoldilocks:

I don't think they are.

They pay their bills. Their kids are learning life skills. They are all happy and well behaved, and it doesn't seem to be because they are being beaten into submission. Just because 18 kids isn't MY personal choice doesn't mean I should place my values on someone else. They are supporting their family on their own, no PA. The man even built his own home. I think as long as the children aren't abused and they aren't expecting society to carry their family through life, I don't care.

melibear5715
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM

I don't think they are irresponsibleat all. They might have what many people think is too many kids but they do it all on their own. They made their house. They support their kids and are not any kind of assistance like the octabitch. She is irresponsible. I think the Duggars are pretty much the only responsible ones that we know about in the public or on reality TV.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)