• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about the Daily Buzz- AND Question for all you cafemommas

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:21 AM
  • 9 Replies

I've had a few Tips and Articles that I've been wanting to share with the Daily Buzz but I can't figure out how cafemommies can submit their news articles or ideas (like we used to be able to). Is there a way? I wanted to put this up on the Pregnancy Buzz:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/06/09/gender.prediction.test/index.html

It's a CNN article about the at home gender test they now sell at Walgreens and CVS, I thought it was cool....for around $30 you could possibly find out the sex of your baby. (It's also controversial...due to the fear parents will abort an unwanted sex....results can come as early as 10weeks gestation)

What do you ladies think about this?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
First_One_8_18
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM

I think I already took it : D

I'll let you know what I think of it in 10- 29 weeks

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Pregnancy ticker

Michelle2080
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:28 AM

I took the test and it said Girl.............I found out last Monday that I'm having a boy.

guam_mama
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:33 AM

Quoting Michelle2080:

I took the test and it said Girl.............I found out last Monday that I'm having a boy.

LOL Awwww well they do admit to only being 78-80percent accurate...congrat on the boy though! I've got twoo boys and I love em...not as fiesty as my daughter...

BelliesMami
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:34 AM

If someone is willing to abort their baby based on a rinky dink drug store test (which by the looks of it is a novelty item and not meant to be taken seriously) then maybe it's best they not procereate-because they are obvioulsy not too bright.

Michelle2080
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:35 AM

Thanks! I have 2 boys now as well.  I was aware that the percentage rate was not perfect so I didnt get excited or rely on the test. I was hoping for a girl though, but I'm getting excited that I'll have 3 boys, there is something really neat about that too.

Quoting guam_mama:

Quoting Michelle2080:

LOL Awwww well they do admit to only being 78-80percent accurate...congrat on the boy though! I've got twoo boys and I love em...not as fiesty as my daughter...

guam_mama
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:35 AM

EXCITING!

Quoting First_One_8_18:

I think I already took it : D

I'll let you know what I think of it in 10- 29 weeks

MommySteph06
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:36 AM

I think it's just another gimmick to get people to spend money. The old wives tales are probably more accurate than that thing. That would be something I'd probably laugh at if I saw it in a store. LOL

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:39 AM

wave

Hi!

To share your ideas with Daily Buzz editors, please visit:

http://www.cafemom.com/email/buzz_feedback.php

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

First_One_8_18
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:53 AM

But it HAS to be scientific! It's got magical glitter in it. That automatically makes it worth risking your child's life for. The piss glitter never lies.

Quoting BelliesMami:

If someone is willing to abort their baby based on a rinky dink drug store test (which by the looks of it is a novelty item and not meant to be taken seriously) then maybe it's best they not procereate-because they are obvioulsy not too bright.

"I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ~Mahatma Ghandi

Lilypie 2nd Birthday PicLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Pregnancy ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)