• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to the world my little Lillian May!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM
  • 17 Replies

Ok so on June 5th at 10pm I started having serious contractions (ya know the kind you can barely breath through? yeah) I had been having contractions the day before but they were just uncomfortable. So anyway they start up and I have to rush cause in the midst of my move to another town I forgot to pack my bag. So in between contractions I"m grabbing a blanket a outfit and a few diapers. TOTALLY forgot my camera like n ass...anyway I used my cell phone. So I call my Doula (my friend Kim) and tell her I'm on my way. Now...even though I moved i was going to the hopsital from my old town that way I wouldnt have to switch care....that hospital was an hour away. SO i'm laboring in the car for an hour....I get there puke as I am being registered (damn cheetos) I get wheeled up and put in a room begging for an epidural that they won't give me till they do tests of couse. then i have to wait on my midwife. Of course they checked me and I was already 5 cm and its 2 am at this point. So they run some tests and find out I have swelling, high blood pressure, and a headache...yeah I have pre eclampsia. I labor another hour and they check and i'm 9 cm and I'm pushing already without trying at this point cause of the pain. My Doula is being great at keeping me from hyperventalating. The anisthisealigist comes in to give me the epidural and ends up sticking me 3 times before he gets it right....yeah...that was FUN....*glares* OH and with the IV it was the same shit! stuck me once in my wrist then in my arm then after moving it around and not getting a vain (but leaving a nasty bruise) they stick my other arm and get it right....urgh!~ anyway so the IV meds didn't do a damn thing but make me sleepy and the epi didn't do shit cause I was already ready to push by the time it was in (took 20 freakin mins!) ......ook....so. I'm ready to push and I push for 20 mins she pops out and screams lol! then comes all the way out. It was so nice to get it over and done with. Lillian was born at 4:19am on 6/6/09 (wasn't due till 6/17/09)weighing 8lbs 10oz and is 21 1/2 inches long. She's an angel and is nursing just fine. I'm just happy to be out of that damn hospital. :) there is my story....and here is my baby girl.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hhickey
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:25 AM

CONGRATS!!!  SHE IS A BEAUTY!

Double_Trouble
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:25 AM

Beautiful baby!!!

Melamma
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:26 AM

CONGRATS!!!!!!! she's beautiful! Very very pretty name! I love it!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

alliran
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:27 AM

AWWW ♥ Congrats beautiful baby ♥Love that name to.

rachana
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:27 AM

AWwwwwww! Congrats!

new baby

afallingstar741
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:28 AM

Fun story!!! Congrats!!!!! 

tears22
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:31 AM

Congrats!!! beautiful baby!!

jjk45xox
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:37 AM

its a girlcongratulations

Congratulations mama!! She is beautiful ... and hey, our girls will have the same name LOL, I'm naming one of my twins Lillian ~ great minds think alike!

Pregnancy ticker

lovemy2boyz08
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:40 AM
She is a cutie. My cousin just had a baby in Feb. and she named her Liliana Mea. It's sorta after our grandmothers. Their names were Lillian and May. That's what it made me think of when I saw your little girls name.

nancycsel
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:43 AM

Congrats on a beautiful baby!  I love her name 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)