• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Strangest food you have eaten or attempted to eat?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:16 AM
  • 11 Replies

I tried alligator this past weekend. It does remind me of chicken but it was chewy. I don't think I would want to eat it again. LOL Also I've tried sea urchin which isn't that bad. I had it as sushi a few years ago.

new baby

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imamombygrace
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:20 AM

Hmm..I  have tried alligator, turtle(in fairness I did not know this at the time), snake(we have a rattle snake rodeo near here every year), and my dh's grandmother had me try frog legs one time...they actually taste like a fishy chicken...lol.

rachana
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:21 AM

bump

new baby

mom22tumblebugs
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:22 AM

In the mountains around Mexico City, my friend stopped at a roadside taco stand. He ordered some tacos and had me try some. Afterward her told me one was pig brains. He didn't tell me at the time b/c as a "gringa" he knew I wouldn't try it if I knew it wasn't just pork. It was pretty good actually... or it could have been I was just really hungry...

dreamerinluv
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:24 AM

The weirdest would be "Menudo"...its a mexican soup made from cow stomach....YUCK !....Oh and years ago a friend dared me to eat oysters...another yuck....LOL...sliiiiimy !

~~ If I had Skittles in my mouth.......would you come and taste the rainbow ?~~

afallingstar741
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:24 AM

i ate a chocolate covered grasshopper i highschool......i have also had alligator 

rachana
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:25 AM

My mom cooked turtle once. I couldn't stand the smell of it. It was kinda sour. Maybe it was the way she was cooking it but there was no way I would try it. LOL. My sister tried it though. She said it was good.

Quoting imamombygrace:

Hmm..I  have tried alligator, turtle(in fairness I did not know this at the time), snake(we have a rattle snake rodeo near here every year), and my dh's grandmother had me try frog legs one time...they actually taste like a fishy chicken...lol.

new baby

horseymom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:27 AM

Nothing that I really consider strange, but I eat and love frog legs and Rocky Mountain Oysters (bull nuts) and pig nuts. All fried of course.

skinnyminnie121
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:28 AM

frog legs, delicious!

skinnyminnie121
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:29 AM

oh yeah and fish eye balls

adri_nevarez
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:31 AM

In South Texas we have alot of wierd foods and I have tried most of them.  To me, the wierdest is Mountain Oysters which are bull testicles... I took one bite and thought they were gross.  We also have Menudo which is a soup made with cow stomach and hominy.  I like it okay, I just avoid eating too much of the stomach as it is pretty rubbery.  We eat cow intestines which are known as tripas or "tripe"... I love tripas when they are fried well.  With a little guacamole and salsa they are delicious.  Every Sunday morning we eat slow cooked cows head which is barbacoa and is very good.  I have also tried alligator, frog legs, rattle snake and so on!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)