Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My worst fear, anyone been here yet? Advice please no bashing UPDATE IN RED!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:25 AM
  • 62 Replies

Wow where shall one start with the week Ive had? How about I start from the beginning. Kimberlie had a friend stay the night last Saturday evening. She took her medicine at 9:30 and said 'Mom, Im headed to bed now and so is Victoria'. I didnt think anything of it simply because normally after Kim takes her medicine she is out within 15-30 minutes. I mean come on, we are bipolar and the meds we take often makes us tired and ready for bed. With that being said Randy and I went to bed at 10:30 or 11 and out I went as did he. Sunday morning I get a knock on my door from two boys mom that lives across the street from us who are friends to Kimberlie. Well, she proceeded to tell me that all 4 of them had snuck out. I thanked her for letting me know and in the house I went. I told Kimberlie that Peggy (the mom) told me everything and now I needed her side to the story. She admitted to me that she and Victoria had snuck out and they went to the church to hang out with the two boys. I asked her what they were doing and she said just hanging out. WRONG and here is where the nightmare begins. I told Kim she was grounded and I took her phone and called her friends parents and that was it, from what I thought. NO...I asked Kim to clean her bathroom and I was going to pick up the dirty clothes and she said NO MOM I STARTED MY LADY TIME LAST NIGHT SO I WILL PUT THE CLOTHES IN THE LAUNDRY ROOM. Okay fine, no big deal. Well Monday (last week) she went to school but I noticed she didnt take her backpack and she wasnt carrying her purse to hold her lady time items in there. Well me being mom went to her bathroom that morning and I noticed in her trash there in her bathroom there were no other lady time items that were used and thrown away. Well, I began to investigate and my stomach starting turning and I knew right away my 13 yr old not only snuck out but she had to have had sex that night. I called OBGYNs to get her an appointment made because I just knew in my heart that she had and so I needed to get her checked out. Appointment made for Tuesday at 2 pm with Planned Parenthood. No Obgyns were avail until mid July, I didnt have that much time to wait so I opted for Planned Parenthood. She came home from school that afternoon and immediately I took her aside and we talked in my bedroom and she admitted everything. I then called the boys mom and told her a little of what was going on and asked that her and her son come over that evening to talk. They came and I found out more than what I wanted to hear. I won't go into details of all that Kim did that night with him but you can imagine if you so choose too and your assumptions are probably correct. Well I got her to her appointment on Tuesday and I find out that it is my 13 yr olds decision on whether or not she wanted me to come back with her. Shes a minor for crying outloud but NOOOOO I couldnt go back with her. I was furious that this law has come into effect on us. But she is a minor and its my right as her mom I thought to be in the room with her, no instead for my 13 yr olds act I can't go back with her but yet I get CPS called on me for her doing these things. Where is the justice in that? Okay fine CPS was called on Friday and I still havent heard from them but I don't care they are welcome in my home because I did nothing wrong and of course I have a good home and there is no neglect going on, its my place as a mom to assure my children of a safe home and if Im in bed and they sneak out, wtf can I do? Im asleep!! Anyways, that is what has gotten me so upset and this week we have to do a prego test on her, Im hoping for a negative as well as everyone else in the fam however shes hoping for a positive. WTF? Oh and I contacted our attorney to find out our rights if she is and he told me that if she is she is considered an emancipated minor and when it comes down to decision making it will be her decision on what she wants to do with it. I don't see the right in this simply because she is 13!!! Im so afraid and so scared. If you are going to comment, don't bash me because I have done all that I can as her mother. She is bipolar and she is on her meds and she does have a therapist and psychiatrist so from what her drs have said to me its not my fault for her going and doing these things and I have beat myself up enough for everyone. Im just so afraid of what the outcome is going to be. She is now infatuated with wanting a baby and yes I am placing her on birth control and I have called Brinks to change my code on the alarm and now I have all doors leading outside and the windows alarmed at night so if they get opened the alarm will sound. Im doing all that I know to do to protect her and help her but some of this depends on her too. Ughhh!

UPDATE:  I just called Planned Parenthood to get the results from last weeks exam however I was told that Kimberlie would have to call them, shes 13! I asked if my attorney could call for me they said no so I asked if I placed Kim on 3 way (shes at her dads right now) if she could give the permission I needed to get the results. She said yes, well the results are negative!!! Her prescription for bc is being called in and I will get them soon. I thank each and everyone of you for the support in which I got with my first post. I wanted to update everyone!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
afallingstar741
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:29 AM

bump 

kristoph61
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:30 AM
I know its kinda long but I needed to place all details there to get opinions and help you understand the situation as best as I could.
Bump
mitch576
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:30 AM

you need to get a house alarm... or nail her windows shut.

then... you need to beat her ass for "informing" you that she would be amancipated.

who does she think she is at 13?

put your damn foot down... be her mom. don't use your condition as an excuse, it's a feeble one at best. many moms here suffer with the same condition and do what they need to do.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

kristoph61
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:32 AM
Did you not read the entire post? I have an alarm and Im NOT using her or my condition as a crutch. She did not tell me that she is an emancipated minor our attorney told me that if she is pregnant. Please go back and re read the post because from where Im standing I don't think you did. Thanks

Quoting mitch576:

you need to get a house alarm... or nail her windows shut.

then... you need to beat her ass for "informing" you that she would be amancipated.

who does she think she is at 13?

put your damn foot down... be her mom. don't use your condition as an excuse, it's a feeble one at best. many moms here suffer with the same condition and do what they need to do.

northtexasmomma
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:32 AM

I am sorry you are going thought this!  I feel for you!

This is proof of how great the law works for parental rights!  Thanks US GOVT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best wishes for you!

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:32 AM

Wow.  Good luck to you.

kristoph61
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:35 AM
Again, Im NOT using hers or my condition as a crutch and I am doing all that I can as a parent. If you read the entire post you would see that!!!!

Quoting CarlaD:

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:36 AM

It sounds like your doing everything you can, honestly.

I'll tell you, though...I was sexually active at a young age, and I was VERY sneaky. I would have gotten through every obstacle my mother would have put forth. She didn't have an alarm, though. That may help!

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Just ignore people that are responding like that.  They are obviously just picking up on several words in your post.

Quoting kristoph61:

Again, Im NOT using hers or my condition as a crutch and I am doing all that I can as a parent. If you read the entire post you would see that!!!!

Quoting CarlaD:

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:38 AM

That is the law in a lot of states.In THIS state,you could not force her to take BC at 14.They make their own decisions about medical things at that age.

As far as your daughter.Do the best you can.You CANNOT watch her every second.Anyone who tells you that you can is delusional.You have done everything you can up to this point.Just keep on trying.

What good is your shouting if I am not listening anymore?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)