Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For Real?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:33 AM
  • 15 Replies

16 and pregnant its a new show on MTV! I just really cannot believe they made a show about teen pregnancy!! I mean i had my daughter at 18 but it was a planned pregnancy and we were finacally and mentally ready. I just wonder how this show is gonna affect teens will they think its cool? Will it make them think twice! Really there gonna do what they wanna do either way! I was just seeing what you Mamas though about it!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:39 AM

I think it's going to show more of the harder side to teach teens that it's not cool.  Depending on how the show is portrayed, it can go either way.

~Jill~

msmoody
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:40 AM

I think it's actually going to be a good show. It doesn't look like it's going to glamorize teen pregnancy.

MommyRivera
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I am hoping it shows the tougher sides of parenting. Maybe moms can watch it with their daughters so it can open up a line of communication. Since most schools don't offer Sex Ed anymore, I applaud MTV for being more active about it. But let's not forget that we can't let the TV teach our kids everything.  

kgsharber
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:42 AM

Quoting jillbailey26:

I think it's going to show more of the harder side to teach teens that it's not cool.  Depending on how the show is portrayed, it can go either way.

I agree. I mean if you are seeing the same previews I am seeing, then it is in no way glorifying teen prenancy.

mommy2be1121
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:43 AM

bump

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:44 AM

It would be different if it was called"Sixteen and pregnant and grounded until I am 34"......

What good is your shouting if I am not listening anymore?
mommy2be1121
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:45 AM

No i dont think so either but there are some young teens that want someone to love them and they think a baby can do this for them! So seeing this and seeing the mothers bond with there babies might make them want to do it! But for the most part i think it will make most see how hard it is.But you can blame TV on the reasons kids do things!! Which i can already see that happening!

Quoting kgsharber:

Quoting jillbailey26:

I agree. I mean if you are seeing the same previews I am seeing, then it is in no way glorifying teen prenancy.

mommy2be1121
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:46 AM

rolling on floor

Quoting laranadtony:

It would be different if it was called"Sixteen and pregnant and grounded until I am 34"......

jillbailey26
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:48 AM

They might show the bonding part and the good rosy parts.  However they also will probably show the sleepless nights, the inconvenient schedules, missing out on movies, parties, and other activities with friends because your baby can't go. 

I think anyone who blames TV for their child's outcome is just copping out on being a parent.

Quoting mommy2be1121:

No i dont think so either but there are some young teens that want someone to love them and they think a baby can do this for them! So seeing this and seeing the mothers bond with there babies might make them want to do it! But for the most part i think it will make most see how hard it is.But you can blame TV on the reasons kids do things!! Which i can already see that happening!

Quoting kgsharber:

Quoting jillbailey26:

~Jill~

mommy2be1121
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:50 AM

I dont think you can blame TV either!! I think TV and music can have lots of influence espescailly on teens! But it cant be 100% to blame!

Quoting jillbailey26:

They might show the bonding part and the good rosy parts.  However they also will probably show the sleepless nights, the inconvenient schedules, missing out on movies, parties, and other activities with friends because your baby can't go. 

I think anyone who blames TV for their child's outcome is just copping out on being a parent.

Quoting mommy2be1121:

Quoting kgsharber:

Quoting jillbailey26:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)