Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Here comes divorce!!!! *added more*

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:33 AM
  • 6 Replies

So i dont know what to do. Me and hubby have been fighting really bad. He is constantly accusing me of cheating. The other night we got in a fight so bad that i just told him i was going to bed and took my ring off and laid down. He was going to sleep on the couch. Well he sent me an email and came in the room and told me i needed to go read it now! so i get up and i come to my computer and he stays in there. Well he sees my ring and comes in the l.r and throws his at me. And tells me i dont need to respond back because he already knew my answer when my ring wasn't on. I usually sleep with it off bc it is big and im afraid i will lose it. The email he sent me was telling me that he feels like i dont love him anymore and ive changed too much. That he would give me the kids bc he knows thats the only reason i am still with him. and he would pay child support. He has always threatened me that if we ever split up he will take the kids from me and i will never see them again. Things just keep getting worse. I told him i didnt want a divorce and that i love him but the shit has to change. he told me he would NOT do counseling which is what i want to try before we call it quits. Our kids are 18 months and 4 months. I married him straight out of high school when i was 18. Been with him since i was 16. I dont want my kids to see us fighting like this and i do love him but it has to change or we arent going to make it. Any suggestions on how we may be able to fix this without divorcing?

** I am not nor will i ever cheat on him. I do not know if he has cheated on me. And he just called me and i am trying to clean the house and watch the kids. He asked me what i was doing and i told him and he thinks im lying because i took to long to answer him. I asked what the f*** he thought i was doing and that i wasnt going to fight with him today. Sometimes i wonder if i leave for just a night or a couple if i had to if he would straighten up. But he is the  type that i do that it will be over for good. and he would tell me the only reason im doing it is to sleep around. I just dont know what to do anymore.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
kgsharber
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Care to elaborate? 

CBtatt_splash-1.gif picture by whisperingdragon

mommy2_2008
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:40 AM

sorry i dont know what i did. I hit something and it posted. lol fixed now.

Quoting kgsharber:

Care to elaborate? 

mommy2_2008
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:45 AM

bump....advice please?

Laura913
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:46 AM

i don't know what to say it sounds like he is willing to talk about stuff and is hurt about the idea of splitting so there's still hope til one of you decides to give up.

i have honestly changed since i met my husband we been married 2 and a half years and he is getting sick of it, i know how you feel - i want to change, and sometimes i think i'm doing it right but then nope i mess up (i do not cheat or anything like that) and do something stupid.

i do not want a divorce either and i'm pregnant with our baby

he says right now he doesnt know if he can trust me with our baby - so i need to show him i'm an adult. This is my resolution  now i just have to do it.

Just thought i would share - stick with it. I will as long as I can.

pregnancy week by week

I am pregnant with my first baby!

Jademom07
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 11:51 AM

Honestly, if he is pulling the divorce card, I'd call his bluff.  If he wants things to work, then he WILL go to counsiling.  If he is accusing you of cheating, he is guilty of something.  This sounds like my life 3 months ago.  Turns out, DH kissed another woman and accused me of cheating all along.  After hearing him throw up divorce for every fight, I called him on it and filed the papers...once they were signed (not by judge yet) HE suggested counsiling and he has realized that most of the issues were his and that HE needed to change.  So far everything is working out but I won't go thru that again...if he pulls the divorce card again, it will be final.  PM me if you need a shoulder 

mommy2_2008
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:15 PM

thank you. He is the type though that if i was to do that he would go through with it. thats just the way he is. He fights with me over something EVERY day and he knows he is the reason that we are fighting but hes not willing to change it. He says it who he is.

Quoting Jademom07:

Honestly, if he is pulling the divorce card, I'd call his bluff.  If he wants things to work, then he WILL go to counsiling.  If he is accusing you of cheating, he is guilty of something.  This sounds like my life 3 months ago.  Turns out, DH kissed another woman and accused me of cheating all along.  After hearing him throw up divorce for every fight, I called him on it and filed the papers...once they were signed (not by judge yet) HE suggested counsiling and he has realized that most of the issues were his and that HE needed to change.  So far everything is working out but I won't go thru that again...if he pulls the divorce card again, it will be final.  PM me if you need a shoulder 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)