Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Molluscum Contagiosum..anyone have/had this??

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:24 PM
  • 2 Replies

my son gotten this about three years ago..he has a horrible immune system he has severe allergies and eczema..i had him in for treatment when the first year he gotten this..and after they used that juice on him and he was in pain and cried for two weeks i vowed to never do it again..just let it run its course..i don't even notice them anymore you can't really see them..well my daughter went to to have surgery on her eye b/c the doctors thought it was a chalazion and he cut it off and had it tested and it came back today as molluscum contagiosum..I was wondering how long does it take to run its course?? seems as my son is having a hard time getting rid of it and now my one year old has it and i've tried everything to avoid her getting it..i just read that acne medicine will help in severe cases...my doc gave me tretinoin for my acne awhile ago..its cleared up and this is exactly what they give MCV ppl..what are some over the counter things i can use? i need to find something that helps with his immune system as well..the daily vitamins don't seem to work ..make his stool to hard for him to go..i have to keep both my kids out of the water and cooled off this summer and its going to be so hard!!

any ideas? i would be grateful! thanks..

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
2gud2btrue
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:30 PM

i had this when i was a teen.  my doc said it was probably cuz i was in such close contact with a ton of little kids (i babysat all the time).  i dont know about them "running their course"....my doc froze them off and they never came back.  here is some more info if you need it:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/molluscum-contagiosum/DS00672

Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:44 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit these CafeMom Groups:

Advice for Moms

Children's Health Issues

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)