Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age (teen birth control)

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:52 PM
  • 9 Replies

Poll

Question: what age?

Options:

12-14 yrs old

15-17 yrs old

Never, my kid will be a virgin until he/she is married

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 19

View Results

will you give your teen/tween the options of birth control? 

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
celticreverie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:53 PM

hormonal birth control. Never, at 18 she can get it or she can go to the clinic and hide it from me, but I wont put her on it. Hormonal birth control can cause tons of issues, increases risks of feminine cancers, and isn't something I want my teen on. It messed with my systom bad..

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

justinejoy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:53 PM

You need to add another option - Chastity Belts until they move out.  Even though I have boys, thats what I will use. 

Justine butterfly on head  

RaynesMommy07
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:54 PM

I selected other.  I dnt think any of us "know" when our teen will come to us and say "mom I'm sexually active".  Unless we're all psychic.  I got on birth control b/c my periods were horrible, not b/c I was sexually active.  I had cramps that made me vomit.  So therefore I dnt think there could possibly be a set time or cause to put or get BC for your teen daughter. 

Carolbrady100
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:54 PM

My daughter was 17 when she told me she wanted to go on the pill. She is now 18 and with the same boy, while I wasnt thrilled, I am glad that she is being responsible.

vickieb310
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:55 PM

When she needs it.

shaedog3
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:56 PM

i started having sex at 14  i say it is better to get on b/c earluer than later that way your ass is covered

hope2bsoon
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:57 PM

honstly, when she starts her peroid is when I think I'll be putting my dd on it...( she isn't going to be here until september, but I can plan ahead!) I'm going to be open and honst with my dd and I'm going to do my best to bring her up to understand how sacred her body is and how important/meaningful sex is. I'm a christian and I'll do my best to giver her examples from the bible and hopfully she will take that all to heart...good luck..

nazratred
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 12:57 PM

my mom put me on BC at 16, not because I was sexually active (didn't have sex till I was 20), but because of my period.  They would get so bad my body would shut down.  The last straw was when she walked in on me passed out on the floor in our living room.  The pain was so blinding that I literally passed out.  my periods were excrutiating.  The BC helped immensely.  And i got off it after 11 years to try to have a child and concieved the first week off...wow..LOL.

So I would for my daughter around 16.  I would hope she would remember the values I taught her...but in this day and age, you never truly know what is going on.

I Don't Skinny Dip.......I Chunky Dunk. 

brave.jpg picture by DariaW516

Carol221367
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:00 PM

Our children are taught from the Bible that sex is a gift that God gave us. You have to be married to have sex with your partner. If this principle is put into practice then my children will not have the need for birth control. They will not have the option at all.  They will know the truth & the truth will set them free. Amen!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)