Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I know this has been posted before but....

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:50 PM
  • 11 Replies

I need a cheap but meaningful fathers day gift for my fiance. Our dd is 8 months old if that helps any. We dont have alot of money so anything under $20-$30 please!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Love_My_Leah
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:53 PM

Maybe you could find an appropriate Willow Tree figure? I got this one for my husband on his first Father's Day (about 2 weeks before DD was born)

momma2-3boys
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Make him so sugar cookies and use cookie cutters and decorate with # 1 dad on a football shape or something like that.

You can give him a coupon book that you made

mommy1008
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Aw, yeah thats a good idea.

Quoting momma2-3boys:

Make him so sugar cookies and use cookie cutters and decorate with # 1 dad on a football shape or something like that.

mommy1008
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:56 PM

That is cute. I've never had one of these but heard alot about them

Quoting Love_My_Leah:

Maybe you could find an appropriate Willow Tree figure? I got this one for my husband on his first Father's Day (about 2 weeks before DD was born)

momma2-3boys
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:58 PM

I always do coupon books, they are more personal and you can get creative....  1 free day off of daddy duties, 1 sleep in morning, etc. 

Quoting mommy1008:

Aw, yeah thats a good idea.

Quoting momma2-3boys:

mommy1008
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:02 PM

bump, anyone else

staci1103
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:03 PM

one year i made a big poster board that said
"Daddy we shower you with love"  and put the kids hand and foot prints all over it...i then blew up a bunch of balloons and put them in the bath tub and taped the sign to the shower wall and closed the curtain so when he took a shower in the morning he saw it!  it's very inexpensive and he loved it!!!

3gr8tKids
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:09 PM

If you have a yard.. Stepping Stones are awesome. You can make feet or hand imprints and date it.  You can buy everything you need at Michaels Arts and Crafts for around 19.99 or less. You will need to do this several days a head.. as it needs to cure.

How about a home made T-shrit for wearing around the house.. again Michaels will have what need. A homemade picture frame with a photo of the baby and daddy..

-Laura R.

mommy1008
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:11 PM

Awesome! Thanks! I'd love to do the stepping stones but we live in an apartment and only have a small balcony. We might do the tshirt though!

Quoting 3gr8tKids:

If you have a yard.. Stepping Stones are awesome. You can make feet or hand imprints and date it.  You can buy everything you need at Michaels Arts and Crafts for around 19.99 or less. You will need to do this several days a head.. as it needs to cure.

How about a home made T-shrit for wearing around the house.. again Michaels will have what need. A homemade picture frame with a photo of the baby and daddy..

mommy1008
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:11 PM

That's adorable!

Quoting staci1103:

one year i made a big poster board that said
"Daddy we shower you with love"  and put the kids hand and foot prints all over it...i then blew up a bunch of balloons and put them in the bath tub and taped the sign to the shower wall and closed the curtain so when he took a shower in the morning he saw it!  it's very inexpensive and he loved it!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)