Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm allowed to hit my kid..Language.. more BD drama

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:54 PM
  • 21 Replies

WTF? So I guess someone bailed out  BD, he sends me an email today, mind you he has no rights to our son... He asks when he can see our son and I told him that I did not want my son around his drinking, smoking weed and violence. He told me what he does on his time is his business and he can smoke weed and drink all he wants, so I responded and told him that I don't want my son around someone that abuses alcohol and uses drugs.So if that's so important to him, I guess our son is not.. I'm not okay with that. Not to mention you (he) left a bruise on Jay's ass. My son will not have to deal with that crap. I don't spank my child, we agreed on this when I found out I was pregnant, I was abused as a child and I will not let my son go through that shit!

He told me and I quote:

He is my son and I can hit my son if I want to

WTF? is that shit! No you can't hit my kid. He is my son, you have no rights to him and I don't condone hitting as a form of punishment..

He says I read that book when I was in prison.. You read one parenting book, and you think you know how to parent??? WTF? NO!! Any parenting book that says to hit your kid for throwing toys, your (then) 15 month old child, for throwing toys, is a load of crap!!!! Any parenting book that says it's okay to bruise your childds ass should not even be effing published.

Ughhhh he infuriates me. Then he writes back.. Can I see Jay at 4 oclock today...

NO STUPID you have NO RIGHTS to him, you cannot see him now, or ever!!!! Fuck, he's so fucking stupid

ETS: I am not saying spanking is abuse, but leaving a bruise THROUGH a diaper AND pants is. I choose not to spank my son, but I'm not  saying that those that do are abusive, unless of course your bruising them in the process.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Love_My_Leah
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:56 PM

I wound print out those emails just in case you ever need them.  He sounds like a total nutcase!!

momma2-3boys
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:56 PM

Oh wow, I wouldnt even give him the time and day with an email response back to him at all.

He has no rights, therefore, there is no need for any discussion!

WifeyandMommy89
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:57 PM

He is.. and they are already printed and added to the file I keep on him.. And saved in my email... He's pissed bec ause I got my phone number changed, so he's going to put his crap in writing.. stupid stupid man..lol

Quoting Love_My_Leah:

I wound print out those emails just in case you ever need them.  He sounds like a total nutcase!!

LuvinMyRockstar
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:57 PM

spanking is not abuse.

lillitigator88
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Quoting Love_My_Leah:

Love_My_Leah
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:58 PM

Bruising his child's rear end is not "spanking," it IS abuse.

Quoting LuvinMyRockstar:

spanking is not abuse.

WifeyandMommy89
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:59 PM

NO it's not, but leaving a bruise is...

I choose not to spank my child UNLESS it's life or death... like if I've told him 15 times not to run towards the street and he does it again then he can be spanked, but at this age he doesn't understand and does not need to be spanked regardless

Quoting LuvinMyRockstar:

spanking is not abuse.

EclecticBroad
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Leaving a bruise is.

Quoting LuvinMyRockstar:

spanking is not abuse.

Johns_Gal
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM

I would take the baby to his ped and get the bruise documented.

Other than that... keep him the hell away from the idiot until he pulls his head out of his rear.  But, seems you'll be doing that anyway.

Tygermommanikki
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:00 PM

I agree that once bruised it is in the realm of abuse! A good spat used to redirect the behavior is one thing, Bruises are not allowable.

Quoting Love_My_Leah:

Bruising his child's rear end is not "spanking," it IS abuse.

Quoting LuvinMyRockstar:

spanking is not abuse.

I don't summarize myself for strangers.If you want to know me introduce yourself and become my friend.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)