• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Friggin' neighbors motorcycle needs a muffler or something!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:10 PM
  • 12 Replies

LOL, I'm not really mad, but just venting a bit.

Neighbor likes to go out with his motorcycle and will be warming it up and revving it like at 5 am and 6 am and it sounds like a plane crashing into a house, or I seriously like fly out of bed thinking that something bad is happening (earthquake or something) lol

He uses that motorcycle for everything/ to go everywhere at all times day/night. I have no problem with motorcycles, I like them

but can he get a friggin' muffler? lol..does it have to be like the sound of a jet engine?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
athenax3
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:13 PM

I know what you mean, the kids next door have one of those little dirt bikes that is crazy loud and obnoxious, and they get all stoned and ride around, and around, and around their house for literally hours! I have daydreams about going out there and waiting by the fence and clotheslining the little stoned bastards- especially when the baby is napping....dh has a good repoir with them so when he's home he just goes out and asks them to shut it down, and they are nice kids and all, so I try not to be a bitch, but omg I detest that stupid little motorbike and can't wait for that kid to go AWAY to college...

wiener
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:15 PM

LOL., Loud pipes save life's ( there called pipes or exhausts not mufflers ). my husband is a biker and trust me I know what your going through I can hear my husbands bike literary1.5 miles away. At least I know when he is coming home.  I'm used to it by know. as are my neighbors. most of them have just as loud trucks, bikes or muscle cars. As long as his bike is under a the certain noise desipal for your county you cant do crap about it

Nicole
FDNYwife
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:16 PM

I would seriously dislike that!! Wake my kids up and youre in trouble!

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:18 PM

You think that sucks I am gonna bump my post from this am about me calling the cops I will switch neighbors any day.

mommyinvt
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:23 PM

Well I hate to say it but we ride and our Harley is in no way quiet. As they say Loud pipes save lives.

bablondie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:28 PM

I surely think this neighbor is out of legal decibal limits LOL. I'm actually surprised (I live in townhomes/condos) that the HOA here hasn't like warned or fined him, but I guess we're not complainers too much, I mean I don't want to rain on his parade or anything.

But...what I think it is is more construction (vehicles) b/c we had a year's worth of MAJOR construction done to our condos last year, I guess I'm traumatized by it lol. So I sit straight up thinking the construction crew is back to terrorize our homes and rip out walls again! ack! lol

Quoting wiener:

LOL., Loud pipes save life's ( there called pipes or exhausts not mufflers ). my husband is a biker and trust me I know what your going through I can hear my husbands bike literary1.5 miles away. At least I know when he is coming home.  I'm used to it by know. as are my neighbors. most of them have just as loud trucks, bikes or muscle cars. As long as his bike is under a the certain noise desipal for your county you cant do crap about it

bablondie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:29 PM

I'm actually surprised my son doesn't shoot of bed during naps! Our windows rattle even!

but what's all this loud saves lives, is it so people can hear them coming? I have no problem with it being loud, just a "little" quieter. LOL...,not so much jet engine earthquake rumbling would be nice.

Quoting FDNYwife:

I would seriously dislike that!! Wake my kids up and youre in trouble!

leejoy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:29 PM

Quoting mommyinvt:

Well I hate to say it but we ride and our Harley is in no way quiet. As they say Loud pipes save lives.

DH rides as well and leaves anywhere from 4am to 7am in the morninig depending on the day.  He tries to roll out as quiet as possible, he gen doesn't start his bike til the end of the driveway which helps some.

mommyinvt
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:33 PM

My husband does the same. He does not let it warm up at home either. He waits until he gets to the school and lets it run for a few min. when he gets there. No one to make angry there.

Quoting leejoy:

Quoting mommyinvt:

DH rides as well and leaves anywhere from 4am to 7am in the morninig depending on the day.  He tries to roll out as quiet as possible, he gen doesn't start his bike til the end of the driveway which helps some.

wiener
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:34 PM

you would be surprised how loud you can get and still be under a the decibels. I'm sure he is just warming up his bike to go to work in the morning and if he really does get on the gas in the morning then he's a idiot and is going to break the  engine seals on his motor. My Dh is a Harley Davidsontech and he hates people who do this.  I would just go over there and ask him not to get on the gas in the morning. there is no reason for it. it wont warm it up faster... if he has a problem with it then you complain and have a officer come out there with the noise gadget and have them check it

Quoting bablondie:

I surely think this neighbor is out of legal decibal limits LOL. I'm actually surprised (I live in townhomes/condos) that the HOA here hasn't like warned or fined him, but I guess we're not complainers too much, I mean I don't want to rain on his parade or anything.

But...what I think it is is more construction (vehicles) b/c we had a year's worth of MAJOR construction done to our condos last year, I guess I'm traumatized by it lol. So I sit straight up thinking the construction crew is back to terrorize our homes and rip out walls again! ack! lol

Quoting wiener:

Nicole
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)