Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

MOLD? no bashing please.

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:23 PM
  • 6 Replies

my son spilled alot of water in his room while going through a "play with my drink phase".  i didnt quickly dry them thinking "its only water" but now could this be a reason why the room has a lingering kind of odor? it smells a little bit sour in the same area but you can't pin point the exact spot.. could it be mold underneath the carpet?!? what do you do about that and who do you call?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommyoftwo395
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:24 PM

I really don't have any advice for yah...But her is a BUMP...

This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.  Psalm 118:24

tonyalynn
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:25 PM

not sure, so here's a bump 

Wife to BlakearmyMom to Madison and Katelyntoddler girlbaby girl

sassyscorpio85
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:32 PM

bump

MommyAnnaBanana
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:34 PM

That sounds like it could be mold.  I think you may have to replace the padding underneath the carpet to get rid of it.  You may have to replace the carpet too.

boyx3
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Pull the carpet back and look.  If there is mold you can treat the slab with bleach.  You may need to replace a small bit of the carpet pad and then clean the carpet.  If you rent you may ask your landlord to look at it and take care of it. If you own, you can call a carpet company or try to do it yourself.

babybull0601
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Have you tried cleaning the carpet with a wet vacuum.  If not try that you can also try sprinkling baking powder on the floor let it sit over night that way you wont have to worry about him running on it to much.  Dry vacuum the next morning. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)