Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving advice

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:25 PM
  • 7 Replies

We close on our first home on June 26th...I haven't packed up much yet, we are curently in a 2 bedroom apt...we have stuff but not tons and tons of stuff....give me some packing advice...as far as when and how to...or at least try to get me motivated!  :)

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Cafe GroupAdmin
by Head Admin on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:47 PM

wave

Hi

You may also want to visit this CafeMom Group:

Advice for Moms

To search for other groups, click on Find Groups.

If you have a question or would like to share advice with other moms, just click the "Answers" tab at the top of every page on CafeMom.

You can use the search bar at the top of every page to search for specific information.

Enjoy the site!

The Cafe Group Admin Team

Please join:
 Advice for Moms        The CafeMom  Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Kids, Fun & Photos! Kids, Fun & Photos!    Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics
The Cafe                        CafeMom Hollywood

meandmybean
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:51 PM

Are you taking a moving truck or just using friends? Are you hiring movers?

Pack according to where all of your items will be in the new house. Use blankets to pad photo frames, lamps, other breakables. We had a ton of receiving blankets we used for that purpose.

Kitchen stuff with kitchen stuff, etc.

Katenemsmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:55 PM

Do not delay, pack everything now. 

Just go from room to room and pack it all.  It is so much easier to just have it all packed. 

Check on craigslist for people giving away moving boxes.  

Write down what is in each box and which room it goes in. 

Start going through your kitchen and toss any old spices or anything you won't want to bring with you.

Congrats on the new house! 

meandmybean
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:57 PM

Tape a piece of computer paper to each box and then write what is in the box. More people can use the boxes and there will be less confusion later if you need them again.

Quoting Katenemsmom:

Do not delay, pack everything now. 

Just go from room to room and pack it all.  It is so much easier to just have it all packed. 

Check on craigslist for people giving away moving boxes.  

Write down what is in each box and which room it goes in. 

Start going through your kitchen and toss any old spices or anything you won't want to bring with you.

Congrats on the new house! 

JRLKBGMomma
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:27 PM

Thanks!  I guess I should get on the ball here!  :)

mommy4ever07
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Also make sure to think about the things that you will need as soon as you get to your new house. My husband and I call it our last out first in box (plates, cups, bed sheets, towels, cleaning supplies, toys for your little ones etc.)

JRLKBGMomma
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 8:38 PM

Quoting mommy4ever07:

Also make sure to think about the things that you will need as soon as you get to your new house. My husband and I call it our last out first in box (plates, cups, bed sheets, towels, cleaning supplies, toys for your little ones etc.)

Great idea!  DH thinks we can just have some of his buddies come help us, then probably cook out.  I will def. have to do that!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)