Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Stopping your period on purpose...

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:32 PM
  • 28 Replies

I see all these ads for pills that only give you 4 periods a year or that you can just continually take your regular pill so that you do not have a period at all.  What do you think of this?  I take the pill, but I take it like you are supposed to, 3 weeks of pills, 1 week of sugar pills, have my period, etc.  I don't know about stopping your period completely.  I know that the only reason for menstruation is to get pregnant and if you're on the pill, you're probably not wanting to get pregnant, but I just don't know.  One of the things mentioned in one of the ads is, who says you have to have a period every month?  Um, your body says...isn't that good enough?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Amberfire82
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:34 PM

I've been on the seasonale pill for 2 years and its frickin wonderful. I LOVE only having 4 periods a year, there is no medical reason you need to have a period, the FDA approved it so I think its just great! JMO though : )

leejoy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Personally I don't like any BC stuff, I think it messes up what your body is naturally SUPPOSED to do. JMO

Amberfire82
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:37 PM

thats kind of the point.......some people don't want 10 kids so BC is a good option for a lot of women.

Quoting leejoy:

Personally I don't like any BC stuff, I think it messes up what your body is naturally SUPPOSED to do. JMO

Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Honestly no you dont need your period monthly. If you think back monthly periods were not common woman would get pregnant breastfeed and get pregnant again not having a cycle for months even years at a time.

luving-mom-of-2
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:39 PM

I'm not on birth control...I don't need to be (I had my hubby neurtered!!!  LOL).  But, if I was, I'd definitely pick the one that'll give me less periods in a year.  I understand that we're suppose to have a period every month, but I'm just so sick and tired of it!  I hate it!  In a way, I can't wait for menopause...lol!  So, if I can have control, you betcha I'll take less periods!

Proud Denny Hamlin #11 & Michael Waltrip #55 Fan!

savedbygrace316
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:39 PM

My doctor had me taking my pills that way before they started selling them like that.  He would have me buy 3 packs at a time and just skip the period pills till the end of the third pack.  I was doing it for medical reasons though.  I don't see anything wrong with 4 periods a year.

CafeMom Tickers
luv2wahm
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:40 PM

I wish I could stop mine. My husband had a vasectomy so I wouldn't have to take bc pills...I don't really care for them. After the birth of my first child, I never did ovulate on my own. I had to take clomid. Now that I am done having kids I am like clock work..every month and it's annoying as heck.

I am almost 39 and I know I never want to have babies again...i just wish the periods would stop!

shaedog3
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:41 PM

i have not had a period since oct of 2006

AandCsmomBrandy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:41 PM

I have a genetic disease that is actually very common among people of eastern european descent and other than getting my period the only way to treat it is monthly phlebotomy. so for the average woman there is no reason to get a monthly period but that is not true or all women!

Quoting Amberfire82:

I've been on the seasonale pill for 2 years and its frickin wonderful. I LOVE only having 4 periods a year, there is no medical reason you need to have a period, the FDA approved it so I think its just great! JMO though : )

luving-mom-of-2
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:42 PM

surprised

Damn, I hate you!!!

Quoting shaedog3:

i have not had a period since oct of 2006

Proud Denny Hamlin #11 & Michael Waltrip #55 Fan!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)