Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

interesting question! could be a heated conversation!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:38 PM
  • 24 Replies

SEEN THIS IN THE QUESTION AND ANSWERS SECTION! Made me think.....this could be an interesting conversation.......what can I say I am bored!

I am a firm believer that parents who keep reproducing, only to have the kids taken my the state, should be forced to be "fixed" Also I believe that parents who have lived off PA for VERY EXTENDED amounts of time (like 5years+ due to laziness) and keep popping out kids, Just to get more money Should be forced to be "fixed" Soooo with that being said what do you think??

A god fearing, Bible believing, YOUNG, married, spanking, formula feeding, juice giving, pro-life, military wife, mother of two beautiful children,  Landon 6, Autumn-Savannah! if you dont like it, i dont care!!!!!!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyAnnaBanana
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:39 PM

How would you "force" people to be fixed?

2gud2btrue
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:40 PM

i think force-able sterilization for any reason is opening up a huge can of worms that are labled "1984"

eSnA2008
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:41 PM

um here in cali you dont get more money for poppin out more kids..

pregnancy week by week

Myspace Pregnancy Countdown Clocks
Logan_Bellasmom
by Falling Starr on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:41 PM

My county only allowes you to get cash aid from the state is 5 years total over your lifetime and that if you have a kid on it they will NOT increase you benefits unless you can prove you were on depo or has an iud or had you tubes tied that failed at the time youget pregnant so i dont see the latter part as a big concern for my county.

lvnmylif
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:41 PM

I think anyone convicted of child abuse should be sterilized.  I don't think being on PA should be a reason to sterilize anyone.  Simply collecting welfare doesn't make you an unfit parent.

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:42 PM

Quoting lvnmylif:

I think anyone convicted of child abuse should be sterilized.  I don't think being on PA should be a reason to sterilize anyone.  Simply collecting welfare doesn't make you an unfit parent.

shabby.chic
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:42 PM

true true. but that seems to be the way things are headed in this country. soon we'll have to ask permission from the government to poop.

Quoting 2gud2btrue:

i think force-able sterilization for any reason is opening up a huge can of worms that are labled "1984"

God loves everyone, but probably prefers 'fruits of the spirit' over 'religious nuts'.
He who angers you controls you.
God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage.
God Himself does not propose to judge a man until he is dead.  So why should you?

savedbygrace316
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:42 PM

very much agreed

Quoting 2gud2btrue:

CafeMom Tickers
jl735i
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I'm not sure how you would force them to do it but I'm so up for the idea. I am a mom who had to just step up and start raising my husbands youngest b/c the mom lost both kids due to abuse and neglect after already losing one with the possibility of being pregnant again. Also being military and PCSing 1200 miles away from home when we got the call to go get her.  

JudeandLucy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:44 PM

I'd prefer if the government stayed out of my uterus.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)