• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms who choose homeopathic remedies...(PPD)

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:49 PM
  • 4 Replies

I was able to see a doctor yesterday, and I do in fact have postpartum depression. As I expected, the doctor tried to write up a prescription but I told him I would like to avoid drugs if at all possible. I was surprised at how nice he was about it. I really thought he would lecture me but he told me he has seen lots of women forego medication and use homeopathy instead and it has worked just fine for them. What a nice doc! Anyways I was thinking Arsenicum album along with some other non medicinal methods. Has anyone else used the Arsenicum and what were your experiences? And has anyone else overcome PPD without the use of prescription drugs? I would like to know your story, thanks!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
DeTora_Family
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:52 PM

I'm all for trying homeopathic remedies first for everything, but I did not have PPD.  There is a group specifically for non-conventional methods.  Here is the link:

http://www.cafemom.com/group/22079/

DeTora_Family.gif picture by Buddy07_L

I am a green, pro-gay-marriage, NestlĂ©-boycotting, attachment-parenting, natural-birthing, co-sleeping, non-CIO, baby/toddler-wearing, cloth-diapering, early toilet-teaching, extended-breastfeeding, delayed-vaccinating, non-spanking, hot-tempered, Irish Catholic mama of advanced maternal age to my extended rear-facing Italian bambino.  You do not have to agree, but that is me.  Nice to meet you :)

Raising Rocco Blog

sassyscorpio85
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:53 PM

bump!! Good luck

meandmybean
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:53 PM

We use homeopathy for about everything. My mom is a Dr. as well, I'm a nurse. It works for us. While I have not used it myself, I have a friend who has and she swore by it after her pregnancies (3).

strwberryfields
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 10:15 PM

bump :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)