Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:50 PM
  • 11 Replies

O.K. so my neighbors 2 houses down have 3 dogs.  Two are chihuahua's and the other is a rottie. They keep the rottie on a leash in the back yard (with no fence) and the Chi's run loose. I have told them about this and they said "you stay in your yard and we will stay in ours!" The other day the Chi's surrounded my 5 yr DD In my yard and every time she moved they nipped at her. I called animal control and they did do an investigation. They put up the CHi's before they got there and said they must belong to another neighbor. So there was nothing they could do. They did find out there are no animals registered with shots at that address. so that means they have not had their rabies shots!!!!

I have 2 Bullmastiffs myself and I was afraid to walk them because next to my dogs these lil guys are a squeeky toy. It would be no match and I don't want that to happen. I also didn't want to have to put my dogs down beacuse of someone elses stupidity. So they are kept inside all the time now. We have a small area out back fenced in for them to go potty in but its not big enough for them to run and play like if they were on a leash. (not fair)

Well we have had a a lot of rain these past few weeks and our back yard is flooded so they can't use that area right now so I am forced to walk them out front now.... Yesterday the rottie was out and saw us and headed in my direction. the owners kept calling his name but he just kept right on coming. finally the dad screamed at him and he stopped and went back home. What if he had not come out? What if my DD was out ther playing? Animal control is doing nothing, the owners are doing nothing, what would you do??

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MissiHampt
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:54 PM

I would keep on calling animal control.  If they have to keep coming out, sooner or later they will see the dogs and be able to do something.

luving-mom-of-2
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:54 PM

Call the cops or I would repeatly call and complain to animal control, until they get off their lazy ass and do something!!!  Good luck!

Proud Denny Hamlin #11 & Michael Waltrip #55 Fan!

Brandie_xo
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:56 PM

i, personally, would call the police and tell them that animal control isn't helping, and you just don't know what else to do. That its not fair that your daughter is getting nipped at every time she goes outside, and you're afraid for your safety with the rott off the leash and charging at you., and you don't want to let your dogs out, because if they get nipped at, they're going to eat them!

toddler girlKailyn- January 15th 2008storkLexie-EDD Oct. 19

pregnancy

luving-mom-of-2
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:56 PM

LOL I love the baby ticker in your siggie...your 5 week old fetus already has more brain cells than Paris Hilton.  LOL, hilarious!!!

Quoting MissiHampt:

I would keep on calling animal control.  If they have to keep coming out, sooner or later they will see the dogs and be able to do something.

Proud Denny Hamlin #11 & Michael Waltrip #55 Fan!

MissiHampt
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 2:58 PM

hehe....thanks!

Quoting luving-mom-of-2:

LOL I love the baby ticker in your siggie...your 5 week old fetus already has more brain cells than Paris Hilton.  LOL, hilarious!!!

Quoting MissiHampt:

justgrape723

keep calling and take pictures

sassyscorpio85

Stay on animal control, if animal control in your area is county funded go to the board of directors. Everyone has a boss, go through all the channels you have to get get something done!!

partieswithJenn
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:05 PM

In the past 2 months I have called 6 times and I also requested an affidavit incase it goes to court. (Like if one of us gets bit) I have proof I have made attempts to have this issue resolved before it becomes a problem!

Quoting luving-mom-of-2:

Call the cops or I would repeatly call and complain to animal control, until they get off their lazy ass and do something!!!  Good luck!

mc112
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:08 PM
I would get the police involved
babygoose78
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:22 PM

Garden hose and pepper spray. If you have a garden hose that reaches the front yard, drag it up there with you, chances are that would be enough to keep the little dogs off your little girl. Pepper spray if you fear the rottie, it will wear off. Just don't get it on you or your other family members your dogs included. You live in that town they can't get away with it forever. Does your town have a leash law? Pictures is another thing you can do. Pictures are worth a thousand words they say.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)