Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I HATE PEOPLE LIKE THIS!!!! ***VENT*** **** UPDATE IN RED****

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:37 PM
  • 18 Replies

Ok so I live in what is considered to be off base military housing. In an apartment complex. Today we go a little newsletter about animal cruelty on our door (everyone got one). THis one tore my heart open. They found a Pit Bull Puppy in a newly abandoned apartment. The pup was locked in one of the bedrooms cover in his own urine and feces. NO food or water and fleas all over. A PUPPY!!! There was evidence of him scratching on the door and windows to get out.

I can't believe people can does this. If you don't want the responsibility of a pet (any type) THEN DON"T GET ONE. And if you dont want to take it with you when you move or you decide you can't handle a pet right now....  put up posters for someone to take. Hell I would have probably taken him, if I could have gotten hubby to agree. It just makes me soooo pissed at people who do this to any animal.

So I finally was able to get ahold of someone who could answer my questions. THe puppy is pretty malnourished and the skin not so great due to its living conditions. HE IS STILL ALIVE (they do not automatically put pits down here YAY). They are holding him until he gets better and if there is going to be a trial. AND he already has someone who wants to take him home. I was told she visits him everyday. So It seems this puppy will have a good ending to his early story.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sassyscorpio85
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:38 PM

ugh some people just don't care! 

NicoleLiam
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:39 PM
I agree!!! People are sooooooo heartless!!

Nicole a mommy to one baby boy Liam

JJones02
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:40 PM

That is a sick thing to do...

alleykatt28
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:40 PM

poor puppy

Do you play MafiaWars on MySpace? Need more mafia? Come join our Family!!  http://www.cafemom.com/group/102762

orcadarwin
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:43 PM
I hate when people are mean to animals. Drives me nuts. Like today at Walmart. We were leaving and there was this dog inside a car with the windows rolled up. It's almost 90 degrees here today, and they left their dog in the car outside with the windows rolled up and went shopping. If I had a cell phone, I would have called animal control or something.
SunnyJoJo
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:43 PM
Quoting JJones02:

Praying For Jennifer.

I know we can't save your life but I hope you live while your here 

RmeWifey01
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:46 PM

I agree. I have to find ours a new home soon b/c he keeps getting out. We have a huge fenced in yard but it seems he doesn't appreciate it. He digs to get under it and takes off. So we got a chain (2-a 30 ft and a 50 ft) and we can put him in different areas in the yard but he snapped the hook end off the 30ft chain today and again took off and would not come back. When he did, he had a bone in his mouth from somebody's garbage I am thinking. The neighbors are threatening to call the cops on me. So what am I to do? He grew up on a farm until he was 9 or 10 mths old and then we got him, so I think he needs a farm to play on. He is a Humane Soc. puppy.

ElijahsMommy58
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Quoting JJones02:

Twilight-Icons   

Instead of a prince with a horse, I'd rather have a Vampire with a Volvo. :)

BelliesMami
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Poor puppy. People are so F***ING lazy!

GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Quoting RmeWifey01:

I agree. I have to find ours a new home soon b/c he keeps getting out. We have a huge fenced in yard but it seems he doesn't appreciate it. He digs to get under it and takes off. So we got a chain (2-a 30 ft and a 50 ft) and we can put him in different areas in the yard but he snapped the hook end off the 30ft chain today and again took off and would not come back. When he did, he had a bone in his mouth from somebody's garbage I am thinking. The neighbors are threatening to call the cops on me. So what am I to do? He grew up on a farm until he was 9 or 10 mths old and then we got him, so I think he needs a farm to play on. He is a Humane Soc. puppy.

Just a suggestion If you want to try and break his habit. My mom tried both of these seperate and together on different dogs of ours and they worked. First fill the hole with his poop and then cover it (Velvet hated that one broke her digging quick) or use chayanne pepper, very little. It doen;t harm the dog just gives them a slight sting and a runny nose. We lined the yard with that at one time good for trash dogs to. OR do both at the same time.  Might help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)