Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

oops..got a question about a vax..edit with name of vax in blue

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:47 PM
  • 22 Replies

the one that the babies get when they are 2 months, 4 months, and 6 months and they drink it? the nurse asked me before she gave it if he was breastfeeding...i said no and she said ok because if he was i would have to wait on this one. of course at the time i didnt think to ask why because it didnt really matter but now i want to give him his carrots and i dont know if i should or shouldn't..i mean she didnt say anything about solids BUT why no breastfeeding?

i know the name of it now..the rotavirus (RV) if that helps anyone.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amb_josh
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:48 PM

Intresting....i have no clue. It might help if you knew the name. Is it rota virus vax?

bribribri
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:51 PM

I've never heard that one...and the CDC website says after receiving the vaccine babies can be fed normally. Hmmm!

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/should-not-vacc.htm#rota

.::i absolutely adore::.
|my husband and son|

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

prego7386
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:51 PM

i have no clue..i just looked at his records and they gave him 3 shots and the one you drink. she did say when he was taking it and spitting some out that it didnt matter if he spit some out since it has already started to go on his saliva ducts or something like that....maybe it isnt suppose to come in contact with my nip and thats why.,..i just wnat ot make sure it wont give him an upset stomach if i give him the carrots.

Quoting amb_josh:

Intresting....i have no clue. It might help if you knew the name. Is it rota virus vax?

prego7386
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:52 PM

yeha i thought that was weird too considering the first time he got the nurse never asked that question so i kinda had a "wha???" moment but like i said it didnt really apply to me so i didnt think of the other question

Quoting bribribri:

I've never heard that one...and the CDC website says after receiving the vaccine babies can be fed normally. Hmmm!

Joslyns_mommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:53 PM

that is the roto virus one. Jos was bf'ed and they never mentioned that to us.

Jacky

www.ourstickybean.blogspotcom

http://www.youtube.com/user/stephenandjacky

bribribri
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:54 PM

Well, he'll get another one in two more months, maybe you should ask then! lol

Quoting prego7386:

yeha i thought that was weird too considering the first time he got the nurse never asked that question so i kinda had a "wha???" moment but like i said it didnt really apply to me so i didnt think of the other question

Quoting bribribri:

.::i absolutely adore::.
|my husband and son|

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

missbobbie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:54 PM

That is very interesting, I breastfed my daughter and my dr./nurse never asked when my daughter had to drink that stuff. Now I am curious to. Lets just say breastfeeding was extremely hard for me and if this had something to do with it I would love to know.

cryssi_renee
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM

I've never heard of that. My son is 8 months and he never drank anything at his appointments.

As they rock their newborn baby fast asleep. They know the most important lesson they can teach:Keep on Holdin, lovin, kissin, huggin. Come whatever may they keep Goin, dreamin, smilin, believin.That nothing matters, like this loveTheyre holdin.

staci1103
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM

i'm lost with this one!!  i'm a pediatric nurse for almost 17 yrs now and i've never heard of such a thing!  the only liquid vax they should be getting in the mouth is rotavirus and it doesnt matter if you're bf or not...they get it at 2,4 and 6 months old.  is this what he got?

prego7386
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 3:57 PM

oh well..maybe the nurse was just being overly cautious...im giving him the carrots im sure he will be ok.

Quoting Joslyns_mommy:

that is the roto virus one. Jos was bf'ed and they never mentioned that to us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)