Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Waterboarding is Wrong!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:02 PM
  • 30 Replies

Group Owner:

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kdasgirl
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Its war its not supposed to be nice and cute. Things like this happen all the time in every country. The trick is to not let people know it happens. Torture is the best method to get information sometimes.

2gud2btrue
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:07 PM

i cant hear the video right now (no speakers here) but yes waterboarding is wrong.  if we do not behave better then our enemies, then what makes us the "good guys?"

Aislinn
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:09 PM

Quoting 2gud2btrue:

i cant hear the video right now (no speakers here) but yes waterboarding is wrong.  if we do not behave better then our enemies, then what makes us the "good guys?"

Our enemies behead us, not water board us. Not saying I am for or against, but water boarding DID stop another large scale terrorist attack in LA.

sharebearII
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Quoting 2gud2btrue:

i cant hear the video right now (no speakers here) but yes waterboarding is wrong.  if we do not behave better then our enemies, then what makes us the "good guys?

good

It will yet be the proud boast of women that they never contributed a line to the Bible.

- George W. Foote
sharebearII
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Have any of you read the April PEW survey on religion and the approval of torture?

Here's a synopsis:

Of the total US population (not categorized by religion)

15% say torture is "often" justified
34% say it is "sometimes" justified
22% say "rarely"
25% say "never"
4% say "duh"

White evangelical Protestants

18% "often"
44% "sometimes"
17% "rarely"
16% "never"
5% "duh"

Attend religious services seldom or NEVER

12% "often"
30% "sometimes"
27% "rarely"
26% "never"
5% "duh"

The survey showed that the more Christian you are, the more likely you are to be Dick Cheney.

2gud2btrue
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:17 PM

and we kill them as well.  that's war.  but waterboarding is torture.  our enemies often torture us before they kill us (i would consider what goes on with their beheadings to be torture in and of itself).  i believe torture brings us down to their level and its really a shame considering they are supposed to be the big evil enemy.  america is supposed to be one of the world's leaders.  we need to act like it if we are going to expect the same of others.

Quoting Aislinn:

Quoting 2gud2btrue:

Our enemies behead us, not water board us. Not saying I am for or against, but water boarding DID stop another large scale terrorist attack in LA.

humanjunglegym
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Are we STILL on this subject?

Lisa_729
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:20 PM

Do you have a link to this information?

Quoting sharebearII:

Have any of you read the April PEW survey on religion and the approval of torture?

Here's a synopsis:

Of the total US population (not categorized by religion)

15% say torture is "often" justified
34% say it is "sometimes" justified
22% say "rarely"
25% say "never"
4% say "duh"

White evangelical Protestants

18% "often"
44% "sometimes"
17% "rarely"
16% "never"
5% "duh"

Attend religious services seldom or NEVER

12% "often"
30% "sometimes"
27% "rarely"
26% "never"
5% "duh"

The survey showed that the more Christian you are, the more likely you are to be Dick Cheney.

kdasgirl
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:20 PM

How do you behave better during times of war? With that theory we should go around knocking the other people out while they shoot at us. So we are the better of the people by not killing like they do.

Quoting 2gud2btrue:

2gud2btrue
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:21 PM

i'm assuming if you are reading this now you already read where i explained my opinion further.  just so i dont have to retype it lol. 

Quoting kdasgirl:

How do you behave better during times of war? With that theory we should go around knocking the other people out while they shoot at us. So we are the better of the people by not killing like they do.

Quoting 2gud2btrue:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)