Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am SO SAD right now

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:06 PM
  • 12 Replies

OK my father was not in my life growning up, My mother and father did not get along for anything so they thought it was best for him to stay away ( wrong.. they were thinking of them not my sister and I ) But I stayed in contact with him..... Tomorrow I am turning 23 and I am also throwing my self a cookout on Saturday... He is not going  to be there... I had planned a cook out for the 4 of July to celebrate my b-day and my fathers b-day which is in July, We are going to Va beach... He decides he is going to take the food up there on Saturday... Why i don't know... I am so upset... He has missed enough of my b-days he was only there for my 19 and my 21st...... This has not been a good day for me and i really don't think that I will be happy for my birthday.... People are disappointments

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lisa_729
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I'm sorry.  It's hard when your parent(s) start to show you that they aren't the most reliable people in the world.  I've gone through a similar thing and it hurts. 

Happy Birthday!

Phatpatswife
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:13 PM

I'm sorry you are going through this. I too wasn't around my father as a child (or my mother) and by birthday was may 26th. My dad emailed me like a week before and said happy birthday and I didn't hear from my mom at all. still haven't!

I'm sorry you are feeling this way and hope things get better. I had to learn to cut my losses along time ago because almost everyone i've ever had faith in has let me down in life.

Happy birthday sweetie!

aarkat
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:53 PM

i'm sorry he's missing your special day, but he's still celebrating the co-birthday party with you on the 4th, right?  that part was a little confusing.  maybe he thinks that since you're celebrating together you wouldn't be to bummed if he missed your party.  maybe he thinks it's for younger people and he'd feel out of place.  or maybe he's just being selfish.   i'm sorry his actions have hurt you.  

i would say don't be too bummed, though.  you still have a father that you can celebrate with.  many people aren't that lucky.

i've found that the easiest way to get along with some of the people in my family is to accept them for what they are and to expect nothing from them. 

ForeverMeme
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Hon I am so sorry. Try not to let other people decide your moods. Have a great birthday regardless of who is there. Hugs.

Meme

"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow, but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing. "

Bridger
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:58 PM

I'd party with ya! :) 

Sorry you've been hurt again. hugs

Bridgette
alleykatt28
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:01 PM

I am so very sorry.. dont let him bring you down.. this is your day! you need to remember that.. this is a day to celebrate you! and if no one is there to do it but you.. well thats all you need! I know that doesnt help.... but you cant let losers get you down... there are people out there who will try their best not to let you down.. you just need to find more of them... and stop caring so much about the ones who keep breaking your heart!

Good luck! Smile! and Happy Birthday!

geminimommie610
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 10:42 AM

Thank you Ladies so much and all of you are right.... Today is MY day.... and no one will decide my mood for me... I am happy all the same :)

froggyqueen
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 10:48 AM

You know what they say..The only peole you need in your life are the ones that need you in theirs..and Don't make someone a priority that only makes you an option. I love those quotes and sadly I use them on my own dad. I just try to have the best realationship with my DH so my kids can see that it's nopt alwys like that and I honestly beleive that even if we ever split up he would still be a huge part of their lives. Happy bday mama! Mine is July 7th.

geminimommie610
by on Jun. 10, 2009 at 10:50 AM

thank you... and HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.....

Quoting froggyqueen:

You know what they say..The only people you need in your life are the ones that need you in theirs..and Don't make someone a priority that only makes you an option. I love those quotes and sadly I use them on my own dad. I just try to have the best relationship with my DH so my kids can see that it's not always like that and I honestly believe that even if we ever split up he would still be a huge part of their lives. Happy BDay mama! Mine is July 7th.

_mimimosley_
by Platinum Member on Jun. 10, 2009 at 11:00 AM

THAT SUCKS, SORRY MOMMA, IT'S MY B-DAY TODAY TOO

interracial-1.gif Love in all colors image by marinegirlfriend_2007

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)