Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG I want a BACK YARD...do you have any idea what I would do?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:16 PM
  • 31 Replies

I would get a sprinkler for my kids to run through...

a pool for our "new" dog we get and a pool for the kiddos..and us to soak our feet in on hot days.

I would get a pressure washer attachement to wash off the deck, and I would have a hose to ACTUALLY wash my own car with (rather than go to the gas station car wash).

I would get a big as$ bbquer and BBQ all the time with friends/family over...BBQ'd food is my favorite! Right now I have an indoor grill, it takes forever like heat up a stalk of zucchini.

If I had a back yard, I would have a play set , maybe a play house or tree fort of some sort, climbing trees, and privacy! I could get lounger zero gravity chairs and read a book on a warm day and take a nap while my kids play out in the back yard.

My kids would get more exercise and I could kick them outside for an hour while I do dishes and not have to listen to them screaming in my ear!

I would jump rope and workout in the back yard and maybe get a trampoline (we'll see about that one). A rope swing or swing or heck tether ball or volleyball set. I would get one of those fancy portable canvas and metal square gazebos with netting and put a fancy lounger and table set inside to hang out in.

I might even get a fire pit (maybe when the kids are grown). Maybe I'd even make a mini herb garden (although I am not a gardener at all). BBQ's, back yard parties, a storage house for outdoor...I'd have so much fun with a yard!

AWWW THE JOYS OF LIVING IN A CONDO.......

I Wub My Family!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bablondie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:17 PM

OH I would TOTALLY get one of those couch swings I could swing and nap on and tiki torches and outdoor lighting (solar lanterns).

I would put music on in the back yard and soak in the rays.

I would weed whack but forget mowing: that would be dh's job or dd's job. Raking leaves, may be okay if we get to play in them...

momsrock13
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:23 PM

Backyards-some of the best places on earth!! I just got my yard all fenced in last summer and it has been a dream!!! I love my backyard!!

bablondie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Please stop! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Quoting momsrock13:

Backyards-some of the best places on earth!! I just got my yard all fenced in last summer and it has been a dream!!! I love my backyard!!

LEJOLIE
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:27 PM

Girl i want one so bad to ! 

Leasha43
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:30 PM

I want a back yard too! like a REAL one. we have 5 acres but its all dirt, cactus and weeds... snakes, scorpions, big biting ants, and NO SHADE. Our dog got bit by a rattle snake and died 3 weeks ago and I'm terrified to go outside anymore. terrified to let my son play outside. I want to move in to town where I can have grass and a fenced yard and trees. and not having to worry about something coming out and biting one of us. I hate it out here. I wish we never moved here. So I'm with  you on all the back yard dreams.

RendevouzDreams
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:32 PM

OP: I thought you were moving. Did you not get the house? awwwww. Anyway there is a new post for you. "Show me your back yards haha" There is nothing in mine :( 

bablondie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:40 PM

I wonder if you could build like a glass back yard porch or something with netting and stuff? I have no idea, I"m not back yard savvy and lucky I live in the NW, there's nothing here to get ya..

Quoting Leasha43:

I want a back yard too! like a REAL one. we have 5 acres but its all dirt, cactus and weeds... snakes, scorpions, big biting ants, and NO SHADE. Our dog got bit by a rattle snake and died 3 weeks ago and I'm terrified to go outside anymore. terrified to let my son play outside. I want to move in to town where I can have grass and a fenced yard and trees. and not having to worry about something coming out and biting one of us. I hate it out here. I wish we never moved here. So I'm with  you on all the back yard dreams.

bablondie
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:42 PM

We were gonna sell, but decided to stay this year,,,but planning it for next year! We keep getting tied up with the Home Owner's association and construction and stuff..

but next year!

Quoting RendevouzDreams:

OP: I thought you were moving. Did you not get the house? awwwww. Anyway there is a new post for you. "Show me your back yards haha" There is nothing in mine :( 

evanismybaby
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:10 PM

We live with my parents right now.  This is what our backyard looks like. 

It was just finished on Saturday.

Pepperlynns
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:11 PM

we have a HUGE backyard..saving up to fence it in to put a pool in woohooooooooo

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken..

I'm a 30 yr old mom to 3 kids 9,7,5 yrs old..Wife to  the greatest man in the world of 11 yrs..SAHM..Not looking or giving advice on how to raise MY/YOUR kids..I'm a smoker,a toker,a social gulper..We live in Texas..Im spiritual,anti-gun,non-organic,swearing,President respecting woman..We make good money and buy American made products..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)