Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

*ahem* If you dont like Twilight ..... don't read it....

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:34 PM
  • 14 Replies

Simple as that, correct??

I'm not obsessed with Twilight. But I enjoy it. I've seen a few posts now bashing the series and mothers & "supposedly grown women" who read it. Yes, the "supposedly grown women" really irked me.

Now let me give you a few pointers:

Don't like it? Don't read it!

Don't like the movie? Don't watch it!

... This isn't high school [though some believe it is at times] you're not being forced to WATCH or READ the series. People have different opinions about everything. Some people don't like *gasp* Harry Potter either. Some people would say that Harry Potter is poorly written, has a "stupid plot" and "makes no sense" because it doesn't go with the traditional witch/wizard/warlock theme. IT'S A BOOK, IT'S FICTION. IT IS MEANT TO BE READ AND ENJOYED AND NOT EVERYONE HAS TO OR WILL LIKE IT!

There are no rules saying that people HAVE to go off of Anne Rice or the old ass black & white vampire movie or Buffy the vampire slayer.

People just need to realize one thing:

Opinions are like Assholes. Everyone has one, but that doesn't mean everyone needs to share it.

That is all.

*rides off on high-horse*

I'm Laura. Howdy.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ElijahsMommy58
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:36 PM

AMEN! Geez...

Btw, I love your siggy. Expecially the Emitt one. lol

Twilight-Icons   

Instead of a prince with a horse, I'd rather have a Vampire with a Volvo. :)

LuvinMyBoynGirl

clapping

lyott07

dancing you go mama!

Lupe

Chibi_Kitten
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:38 PM

LMAO!!! I haven't read or seen Twillight yet so I have no opinion but I just love the way you ended this!!

"that is all. *rides off on high horse*"

That totally cracked me up!! I needed the laugh and that was just awesome!! hahaha Thank you! And I agree with you on this as well. 

Laura4807
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:39 PM

I like yours too ;-)

Thank you.

Quoting ElijahsMommy58:

AMEN! Geez...

Btw, I love your siggy. Expecially the Emitt one. lol

I'm Laura. Howdy.

Am17
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:40 PM

lol. i agree. and i love your siggy too

geminishadow79
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:40 PM

amen!

Kingstons_Mom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:42 PM

Your post title begs the question...

If people *don't* read Twilight, how will they ever know whether they like it or not?

I remember growing up, and telling my mom that I didn't like a certain type of food. She'd interject with, "You haven't even tried it; you can't dislike something until you try it."

I read all the Twilight books. You have every right to love them. I have every right to not like it, especially after giving it a try.

LaNette000
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:43 PM

exactly, I know how it can be exciting to get into a really good book series, Have fun with your twilight. I don't have issues with it. 

cassandra25
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Amen to that! my neice loves the books..i had to pick some out for her for xmas and was like what is this?! lol..then the movie came out and hubby and I rather enjoyed watching it..of course we enjoy watching harry potter just as to any movie that comes out..thats what we do..i enjoy reading also but only when i really have to or when i find something that i am interested in at the time!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)