• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

two quick questions..

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:41 PM
  • 8 Replies

First one: is anyone else's CM IM still not working? I still don't see the bar, want to make sure it isn't just me.

Second: we are moving, and I am afraid to put my two month old in his own room. It will be all the way on the other side of the house. Am I crazy for wanting to leave him in my room for a little while longer? He still wakes up at night and everything. Thanks!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
cypris420
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Question 1 - I have no idea, I've never used the IM feature anyway.

Question 2 - I don't think that's crazy at all!  With the stress of moving and your baby still being so young, I totally understand you still wanting him with you for a while yet.  As a matter of fact, I had our girls in our room for at least three months each.  When they started sleeping longer stretches at a time we transistioned them to their rooms.

mrs_khan07
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Can't answer the 1st one, don't use it.

For your second question, I agree with you completely. My son didn't have his own room until he was a year old. Everyone one is different, but that worked best for me. Every child is different also, some do just fine with their own room, some don't. Mine didn't. Especially at 2 months, I think that seems young to seperate. Imagine getting up every night and have to walk all the way across the house... I wouldn't want to do that. It is ultimately up to you, what do you feel comfortable with? It is likely that your baby will also be more comfortable if you are.

Mrs. Khan

mstnbecki
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:47 PM

Not sure about the first question but as for the second one ,do what you feel is best and most comfortable for you,also IF you put him in his own room you can get a baby monitor.I had that fear to when we bought are doublewide.

marina069
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:48 PM

1.  don't know, haven't tried it but it keeps popping up in my lower left corner and i keep closing it then the next time its there again

2.  no, not crazy at all, how about a bassinet or a pack and play for a while, i'm sure you'd have a monitor but i would be very uncomfortable about that, you probably wouldn't get any rest from worrying so you may as well have baby in your room, good luck

Lauri, mommy to 2 princesses

notjstanothrmom
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:49 PM

1. I have no idea about the IM... I haven't looked into it... the forum is instant so I don't see the need for IM.

2. I would keep him in your room for a lot longer. My first son slept in our room till he was 9 months and then moved into his own room... and that is the next room over. My daughter however moved into their room (they share) at 5 months and we like it that way.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Like to clean? Need to clean? Join my group!

Getting Clean & Staying Clean!

dastle
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:50 PM

?1     I have no clue, I never use it

and ?2:  No, I think it's more of a personal choice on when ppl mmove babies into their own rooms, and if  he is still getting up in the middle of the night then why move him so you have to walk to the opposite side of the house to get him. 

evaleesmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:50 PM

#1 i just now noticed the bar!!! lol

#2 keep him with you if you feel better.. my daughter was in our room tll she was 3 months and then we moved her to her room --right across the hall lol  my son was in our room till he was like 5 months i think.

mushmom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:51 PM

to question #2:  dd slept in a Pack n Play in our room for 6 months.  I'd be the last to call you crazy for not wanting your 2 month old all the way across the house.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)