• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speaking of Twilight...what other good books are out there?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:59 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have read the twilight series already and would like to read a series similar but more geared towards "mature" women.Are there any good ones anyone can suggest or any online books that you liked recently?

Visit our local community of frugal friends!

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 4:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommy2holley
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:00 PM

I am going to bump your post.. I would like to know too.. the girls here in my office are desperate for another book..lol.. we really enjoyed Twilight..

lyott07
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:03 PM

I haven't read them yet, but I've has friends who recommended them.. it's called the Sookie Stackhouse series... it's vampire series

Lupe

Daemons_mommy
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Have you tried Anne Rice's vampire series? Or her witch series?

If you are looking for fantasy the Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop is fantastic.

satilia
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:04 PM

I hate finishing series! Now I am just blahhhh stuck working....I did read the Sookie Stackhouse series but need moreeeee.....

WhiskerLickins
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:05 PM

bump

satilia
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Read Anne Rice already, ok so i am reading fanatic! And not always abt vampires but just in the mood I guess. I hope to get quite a few replies so I will be busy for a while!

ArmyGal
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:07 PM

I highly recommend the Sookie Stackhouse series! It's soo good. Another series I like is by Michele Bardsley one of her books is called "Don't talk back to your Vampire" it's what I like to call Mompire lol. It's about mom vampires, they deal with the kiddies while being a vampire. Kinda fluffy but a nice read none the less.

Quoting lyott07:

I haven't read them yet, but I've has friends who recommended them.. it's called the Sookie Stackhouse series... it's vampire series

"Could a dead, frozen heart break? It felt like mine would"~ Edward, Midnight Sun

satilia
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:10 PM

Taht sounds cute, I've never heard of it!

Quoting ArmyGal:

I highly recommend the Sookie Stackhouse series! It's soo good. Another series I like is by Michele Bardsley one of her books is called "Don't talk back to your Vampire" it's what I like to call Mompire lol. It's about mom vampires, they deal with the kiddies while being a vampire. Kinda fluffy but a nice read none the less.

Quoting lyott07:

satilia
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Anyone have success reading books online? I am only alone at work with the two kiddo's so I gotta squeeze in my reading! Shhh don't tell my boss!

RaeLynn1221
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:18 PM

Sherrilyn Kenyon has a great Dark Hunter series. Start with Night Pleasures. It is sexy and funny. Some others are J.R. Ward, Amanda Ashley, Linda Lael Miller has a really good vampire series.

http://www.dailyinquisitor.com/sherrilyn/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)