Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

waterbirth.. Please help if you can.. *poll*

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:15 PM
  • 23 Replies

Poll

Question: How was your water birthing experience?

Options:

great! explain.

okay? explain.

horrible! explain.

other. please explain haha

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 14

View Results

I had a horrible delivery and no I am not that far along yet but I still want to talk to my doctor about my birthing plan.. I dont want the same birthing experience as last time and I am TERRIFIED about giving birth again. I was thinking about just doing it c-section no questions asked that was what I wanted and NOTHING else well then I had a reply that said something about a water birth.. So NOW I'm starting to consider that. But the thought of no pain meds scares me BIG TIME!! I am a big babby when it comes to pain and I mean I have NO pain tolerance.

So, my questions are.. IF you had a water birth did you enjoy it?? Why or why not? And if you know someone elses story I would like to hear that too.. I want a bunch of different experiences..

Where did you give birth? A birthing center, the hospital, or a house??
Did you have a midwife or did your doctor do it?
How many people besides the hospital staff or midwife staff were in the same room as you when you gave birth and who were they?
And how did it turn out?
My final question is did it end in a emergency c-section and if it did how did they do it?

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
theskillfactor
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:18 PM

I want to know all the same things too, so heres a bump!

KBM99
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:26 PM

anyone else??

KellyOh72
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:38 PM

I dont know anything about it so I cant answer the poll. But heres a bump.

awooding
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:40 PM

Didn't have one, but want to.

AmberDR
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:41 PM

bump for you

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
BIMOM21
by Gold Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:43 PM

I was in labor for an hour and 12 minutes, I was on my own, and it was wonderful

"And when they hear it, hopefully they spirit’ll listen, And they won’t
spend all of they life just wishin’, Stop, and restart…forgive, never
forget, And never live any life buried in regret"

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

trendymommy4
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:43 PM

All my kids were high risk..so it wasn't an option for me. Can your OB recommend a birthing center so they can review all your options with you?

StarsChildren
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:49 PM

IF you had a water birth did you enjoy it?? Why or why not? Didn't have a water birth, had planned on it, but when it got down to it I didn't feel like walking the length of the house to get to the other side. I had wanted a water birth because it was my first and it is said to make it less likely to tear and easier on the mother and child... but as I said, when it got down to the end of it, I was too comfy in my bed to move. I would recommend it, a couple other women in my birth class and the mw assistant had a water birth and had only good things to say about it.

KBM99
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:05 PM

well thank you for your reply :) at least I know some people had good experiences haha. I know I would rather give birth in the birthing pool than in my bed haha. I just wouldnt feel right. And I had a bad delivery in a hospital bed.. but Thank you :)

Quoting StarsChildren:

IF you had a water birth did you enjoy it?? Why or why not? Didn't have a water birth, had planned on it, but when it got down to it I didn't feel like walking the length of the house to get to the other side. I had wanted a water birth because it was my first and it is said to make it less likely to tear and easier on the mother and child... but as I said, when it got down to the end of it, I was too comfy in my bed to move. I would recommend it, a couple other women in my birth class and the mw assistant had a water birth and had only good things to say about it.

KBM99
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 7:23 PM

bump!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)