Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's Lying and Im Goin NUTS! Help Please!!! PIOG

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:19 PM
  • 11 Replies

My 4.5 year old Ds that is....the other day, he didnt finish lunch, so he was told he couldnt have anything else (NO snacks, food, nothing) until dinner....well later that day after naptime, we all went outside, and he said he had to go potty and was thirsty, so i told him ok go get something to drink and come right back outside. So when he came back outside, he had PB&J all over his face, so i asked him 'Did you get the PB&J sandwich off the table and eat it' and of course he says no...so he isnt allowed to play for the rest of the day...then today, we spent the day at my BFFs hosue, and he took a nap in the playroom on the air mattress....well i go in there to check on him, and he had deflated the air mattress and peeled a bunch of paint off the wall....and when i asked him about it, keeps saying NO....so his dad tells me to take away all priveledges once again today...he has been lying like this for a couple of months, and DOES know its wrong. We have talked about it before, and yet he still does it....and idk what to do about it. Its stressing me out, and really really pissing me off...if its one thing i HATE its to be lied to...even about something stupid....so what have you done in this situation?? Anything that worked for you would be a great place to try...

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alleykatt28
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:22 PM

haha! i know not funny.. but it's an "i feel ya" kinda laugh.....

my daughter went through the same thing... not sure if it's just a faze...she still kinda lies and is 6 now... but not as bad. She understands that the truth will get her in a lot LESS trouble than a lie will.

good luck!

soldier-2_thumb.png i love my soldier image by leosgirrl

Do you play MafiaWars on MySpace? Need more mafia? Come join in on the fun!! http://www.cafemom.com/group/102762

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:23 PM

I sat him down today and asked him if he likes not having any toys, and if he likes being in trouble all the time, and he said no, and i told him that telling the truth isnt always easy, but it will get him in less trouble, and he just glared at me....*sigh*

Quoting alleykatt28:

haha! i know not funny.. but it's an "i feel ya" kinda laugh.....

my daughter went through the same thing... not sure if it's just a faze...she still kinda lies and is 6 now... but not as bad. She understands that the truth will get her in a lot LESS trouble than a lie will.

good luck!

krystlzd3
by Platinum Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:26 PM

I was watching a show, I think it was King of Queens, although I may be wrong. The son kept lying no matter what they did. One day they dad said he would take the son go-karting. Something came up, so he ended up not being able to. When the son asked why, the dad said "I lied. How does it feel?" And supposedly that fixed the problem.

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Siggy
theskillfactor
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:31 PM

My niece lied about EVERYTHING, and one night my BIL ran her a bath, only he used NO hot water at all. It was so cold. Anyway, my neice came out and was like "Daddy, my bath is too cold. And Darren told her "No, it is fine." And she insisted, so Darren went in there and felt it was like "Oh! It IS cold. I'm sorry. You just lie to me so often I just figured that you were lying this time too." It actually worked.

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:32 PM

I had actually thought about doing that!

Quoting krystlzd3:

I was watching a show, I think it was King of Queens, although I may be wrong. The son kept lying no matter what they did. One day they dad said he would take the son go-karting. Something came up, so he ended up not being able to. When the son asked why, the dad said "I lied. How does it feel?" And supposedly that fixed the problem.

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:32 PM

Hmmm....that kinda made me chuckle lol! But thats not a bad idea either!

Quoting theskillfactor:

My niece lied about EVERYTHING, and one night my BIL ran her a bath, only he used NO hot water at all. It was so cold. Anyway, my neice came out and was like "Daddy, my bath is too cold. And Darren told her "No, it is fine." And she insisted, so Darren went in there and felt it was like "Oh! It IS cold. I'm sorry. You just lie to me so often I just figured that you were lying this time too." It actually worked.

Turtleangel04
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:36 PM

When we went threw this faze I was fruserated too. Here's what I did and still do.  :o) Even if you know for a fact that they are lying.

Have the kid(s) put their hands out front of them palm side up. Wrap your hands around their wrists with your thumbs on the spot where their pulse is on both wrists. Or somewhere near the vessels in the center of the wrist.

Then tell them to look at you straight in the face. And ask them if they did/where or anything else in a question fraze. Every time they look away tell them nice try and try again. If they don't look away tell them "your pulse rate went up. You're lying."

Keep going until they feese up. If it doesn't work after 10 minutes then drag them into the bathroom where the mirror is. And try again. Tell them the only direction they can look is in the mirror.

Or you can tell them that if they can't look at you in the face without smiling that their lying.

My 11 yr old son seriously hates it when I do this. So far it's worked 97% of the time. The rest of the time the mirror itself without the wrists works.

Maybe what I do will work for you too.

typing groom   teen boy

Funny Pictures

Group Owner of: NoDak Moms & SewWhat. Admin for: East-side Gossip & Washington State Mommies.    Yahoo IM: TyphoonTurtle  (Add your CM nick to request)

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:38 PM

Thats a very interesting technique...im going to try that!

Quoting Turtleangel04:

When we went threw this faze I was fruserated too. Here's what I did and still do.  :o) Even if you know for a fact that they are lying.

Have the kid(s) put their hands out front of them palm side up. Wrap your hands around their wrists with your thumbs on the spot where their pulse is on both wrists. Or somewhere near the vessels in the center of the wrist.

Then tell them to look at you straight in the face. And ask them if they did/where or anything else in a question fraze. Every time they look away tell them nice try and try again. If they don't look away tell them "your pulse rate went up. You're lying."

Keep going until they feese up. If it doesn't work after 10 minutes then drag them into the bathroom where the mirror is. And try again. Tell them the only direction they can look is in the mirror.

Or you can tell them that if they can't look at you in the face without smiling that their lying.

My 11 yr old son seriously hates it when I do this. So far it's worked 97% of the time. The rest of the time the mirror itself without the wrists works.

Turtleangel04
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:41 PM

FYI! It works on SO/DH's too. :o) Matter of fact... I do believe it works on everyone.

My great grandmother, grandmother and mom use to do this to us. And it always worked. LOL

Quoting missamanda86:

Thats a very interesting technique...im going to try that!

Quoting Turtleangel04:

typing groom   teen boy

Funny Pictures

Group Owner of: NoDak Moms & SewWhat. Admin for: East-side Gossip & Washington State Mommies.    Yahoo IM: TyphoonTurtle  (Add your CM nick to request)

ganfield_c
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:46 PM

my 4 1/2 yr old DD lies ALL the time, and i cant get her to stop. my sister tells her kids when they lie they get a red line on their forehead that lets her know they are lying and so they never lie, thinking shes gonna know right away. but my dd is too young to get that yet. she just gets sent to her room if i know she is lying and she wont fess up. but it still hasnt worked. so i am with ya, still trying to find out what will work for her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)