Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No Insurance and Need A Pap Smear....?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:20 PM
  • 8 Replies

I have no insurance and it's been 2 years since my last pap. I can't go to my local health dept. because I had my tubes tied and they won't do it because of that, but when I get to be over 45 then they can do a pap. It's crazy if you ask me!!!! Does anyone know of some kind of program that helps women pay for things like this? Thanks in advance.

Tammy

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
krista778
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Here at the University hospital they have reduced/no cost health insurance based on income. Maybe try to see if there is something like that at the Planned Parenthood or something.

hm61686
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:25 PM

Yeah thats dumb, why does it matter that you got ur tubes tied.

Pepperlynns
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:30 PM

they wont do it because there is a higher chance of abnormal cells (cancer) since its higher with tubals, then they dont want to be liable cause after they tell you, you have cancer your pretty much on your own..

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken..

I'm a 30 yr old mom to 3 kids 9,7,5 yrs old..Wife to  the greatest man in the world of 11 yrs..SAHM..Not looking or giving advice on how to raise MY/YOUR kids..I'm a smoker,a toker,a social gulper..We live in Texas..Im spiritual,anti-gun,non-organic,swearing,President respecting woman..We make good money and buy American made products..

KellyOh72
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:45 PM

I would look for a planned parenthood.

NCMommy2be
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:56 PM

Where do you live at? The Muslim community has a network of Drs who provide free medical services to the needy in their communities.  It doesn't matter what your religion is if you are in financial need they will provide it for you.

VaNavyMom2b2009
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:59 PM

I would personally look into some sort of insurance based on your income. Something is better than nothing. I would also look into state insurance if you can get that.

Or..seehow much it would be out of pocket. they may have a payment plan method.

Good Luck.

amb_josh
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Idk what the qualifiications are, but here in texas there is a program though the medicaid office, that they pay for your pap only. Not really sure if they offer it in all states. Call your medicaid or wic office and ask, they should know.

spoiled_wife
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:02 PM

Planned Parenthood

Contact your local PP office.. Many are set up to provide services like annual exams and if their's is not. They can refer you to one that is.

Without insurance.  The services are usually free or based on a sliding scale.. But without insurance, they will usually see you and perform your annual for free.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)