Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of flower is this?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

I bought these at the grocery store the other day when they weren't bloomed so I didn't know what they were. Well they've bloomed and are beautiful, I can't stop looking at them they're so pretty!!

Anyone know what kind of flower it is? It kind of looks like a lily but I'm not sure...the brown specs kind of throw me off.

Lilypie 3rd Birthday TickerLilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
3timesoccermom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:22 PM

The spotted one looks like Alstroemeria.  Love it, lasts a long time.  Comes in other colors too.

http://www.edelweissperennials.com/plantgroup.asp?plant=Alstroemeria&gclid=CN7vutKP_poCFRabnAod4xx1dw

RmeWifey01

Maybe a Tiger Lily?!?!?!

krista778

Looks like an orchid

adri_nevarez
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:24 PM

this is an alstromeria... i would say it is definitely this flower!  by the way, i stole this picture from wilkipedia

aarkat
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:27 PM

Quoting 3timesoccermom:

The spotted one looks like Alstromeria.  Love it, lasts a long time.  Comes in other colors too.

aka "i'll still marry ya."    This (yours) looks really big like a lily, though.

aarkat
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Stock Photograph - Yellow Alstroemeria Flowers

maak
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:29 PM

I agree.   That was the first name that came to mind.

Quoting adri_nevarez:

this is an alstromeria... i would say it is definitely this flower!  by the way, i stole this picture from wilkipedia

3timesoccermom
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:30 PM

Bright Yellow Alstroemeria Flower

A fresh yellow flower, Alstromeria flowers have semi heart-shaped blooms. A single stem has an average of 3 to 5 blooms with bright yellow petals that are often two-toned and freckled. Also known as Peruvian Lilies.

OP - it looks like some type of critter has chomped on a couple of the petals of yours!  LOL 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)