Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG he's going to kill me!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:46 PM
  • 13 Replies

Now that I got your attention. I LOVE vampire romance books. My favorite is the Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon. I read the first 3 of the Twilight series. I did not care for the books. I forced myself to finish them. The only thing I liked about the books were Jacob, and Jacob and Edward fighting(that was funny). I hated how whiny Bella was. Hated how Bella just though the vampires were just SO great and strong and Jacob and the werewolves were just little puppies. I just wanted to jump in the book and smack her.

So I just do not get how this book blew up like it did and is so popular that people are obsessed with it. There are SO many other vampire romance books that are SO much more interesting AND better written with more interesting and likable characters.

by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RaeLynn1221
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:05 PM

bump

WAHM_Teresa
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Thanks for the recommendation of the Dark Hunter series, however, I didn't find it necessary to post about yet another person not a fan of Twilight.  You could've just said how you like the other books and recommended others instead of adding yet another millionith post about Twilight. 

maybaby08
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:23 PM

The Dark Hunter series is a good one! And I completely agree with you on the Twilight books.

Yes we CAN and Yes we DID!!!!

Photobucket

RaeLynn1221
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:26 PM

I wasn't mean about it so I see no problem with stating my opinion. If paople can post about how much they like the book, I can post about what I think of it.

Quoting WAHM_Teresa:

Thanks for the recommendation of the Dark Hunter series, however, I didn't find it necessary to post about yet another person not a fan of Twilight.  You could've just said how you like the other books and recommended others instead of adding yet another millionith post about Twilight. 

TessyCat
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:26 PM

I love those books too and recommend them to everybody! I like Christine Feehan's Carpathian series also and JR Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood, just in case you need a few more amazing vamp books. I still haven't read the Twilight series but promised my 14 yr old neice that I would at some point. I am putting it off for as long as possible but she put a time limit on for the end of the summer. LOL she knows me too well.

WAHM_Teresa
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:29 PM

I know you weren't trying to be mean and you are correct, it's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to make it as we all are.  Just gets annoying when there are already 8 million posts about the same thing.  Same with PA, carseats, vacs and everything else.  If there's no bickering and bitching then Cafemom would be a very lonely place! lol

I'm off to the Library now to see if I can find those books.  Any other recommends that don't have anything to do with vampires?  Anything is good.

Quoting RaeLynn1221:

I wasn't mean about it so I see no problem with stating my opinion. If paople can post about how much they like the book, I can post about what I think of it.

Quoting WAHM_Teresa:

mbaker331

I actually enjoyed to twilight series in a reminiscant teenage kind of way.  My taste in books has matured a bit since i was younger.  I enjoy the Anita Blake series by Laurel K Hamilton.  But fair warning if you do not like graphic romance novels you will NOT like the later books.  Also her Merry Gentry series is very cool if you like the fairy courts also VERY graphic.

baby dust

MelaniesMama

Ive never read Vamp lit, but I like the paranormal lit.  Like fearies, gods & Goddesses.  But I have ordered a few Vamp lit books and plan on getting into it!  I will never read twilight, I got as far as like chapter one of the first book and couldnt make myself do it.

RaeLynn1221
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:33 PM

Not a fan of vampires? I also like Nora Roberts, Jude Deveraux, Emilie Richards, John Saul V.C. Andrews(it is twisted) There are lots others just cannot think of them right now. I love to read.

Quoting WAHM_Teresa:

I know you weren't trying to be mean and you are correct, it's your opinion and you're certainly entitled to make it as we all are.  Just gets annoying when there are already 8 million posts about the same thing.  Same with PA, carseats, vacs and everything else.  If there's no bickering and bitching then Cafemom would be a very lonely place! lol

I'm off to the Library now to see if I can find those books.  Any other recommends that don't have anything to do with vampires?  Anything is good.

Quoting RaeLynn1221:

Quoting WAHM_Teresa:

MelaniesMama
by on Jun. 9, 2009 at 6:34 PM

oooh! I ordered the Merry Gentry books!  Im excited to be getting them! lol

Quoting mbaker331:

I actually enjoyed to twilight series in a reminiscant teenage kind of way.  My taste in books has matured a bit since i was younger.  I enjoy the Anita Blake series by Laurel K Hamilton.  But fair warning if you do not like graphic romance novels you will NOT like the later books.  Also her Merry Gentry series is very cool if you like the fairy courts also VERY graphic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)